4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 9, 2013 9:29 AM by anadyr RSS

Airline Angst

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Airline Angst
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Thank anadyr for posting this article as I had been out on the links and not been online much.  Nice to see the new UA doesn't disappoint in their ranking, dead last!

It seems to me the only part of airline travel is driving out of the airport parking lot headed home.  Even with being able to avoid lines at check-in due to not checking luggage and have my pre-printed boarding pass in hand or on my mobile device to having Pre-Check for just about all domestic flights in the last year or so, to being able to get our upgrades well before the flight I am fed up.  I am not feed up with the flight crews as most I have flown with are professional, smiling, friendly and provide us with a safe flight and good service.  I am fed up with the famous devaluation of everything a person who travels has earned yet the management of airlines has creatively discovered ways to make it into those elite programs with credit cards and other such devices.

Can't wait to read others responses, off to the first tee I go.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Airlines are certainly a mess, even for super elite fliers. The cramming in of passengers, the lack of amenities, the profits-over-comfort mentality is hard to stomach.  Plus the wonderfully bizarre TSA process to get on an airplane seems to be a full employment scheme rather than effective at most airports.  I agree that the leaving of the airport is the best part.

Yet we need and use these conveyances, we have no access to speedy trains that are cost effective and reliable (Yes AMTRAK I mean you!), we allow airlines to dictate what and where and the number of stops we take.  It's a sad commentary on travel.

Enjoy  your golf, at least there you know the score.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

I will know the score and I'll even get to complain to a couple of airline pilots who fly for two different airlines, oh boy I can see me stirring them both up today and taking all the cash.

Good luck with that!  It's like being a person crying in the wilderness or the high rough behind a tree.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...