0 Replies Latest reply: Apr 6, 2013 8:06 AM by scorched02 RSS

Baseball cards

scorched02 Member
Currently Being Moderated

When I was younger and when my family had just immigrated to america, I had trouble picking up the language.  Oddly one of the first things I wanted to do was to immerse myself into American past times, so naturally I was pointed in the direction of baseball.  Unable to afford a ticket, the closet thing I could do to approximate the experience outside of TV was to buy baseball cards.  When I ripped into my first pack of cards, I barely knew anything about baseball.  From that point forward, I read and reread all the cards I had, trying to figure out how the stats and positions aligned itself. I remember being unable to orient first and third base and was baffled by the designated hitter tag on a few cards.  So much has changed then, and remember getting a Bo Jackson card.  Then seeing Bo Knows commercials and was so happy to receive a card of someone I knew.  Looking back at these days its quite funny and one of my first dives into american culture and into sports. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...