3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 24, 2014 5:11 PM by alwweb RSS

Residence Inn- New Food is a major Downgrade

riseagra Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I have been a loyal business partner with Marriott for 2 years.  Last year I stayed over 200 nights at their hotels.  Currently, I am at the Brookfield Residence Inn just outside of Milwaukee.  As of January 1, they changed their food policy for evening socials.  The food quality is now horrible.  After long days, the dinner socials are a very nice amenity of Residence Inn.  However, eating crackers and cheese and hot pretzels two days a week is wearing thin. 

Has anyone else experienced this downgrade or is it specific to this location?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Residence Inn- New Food is a major Downgrade
    nhgrmi Gold

I had the same experience in Toledo Ohio.  I ended up going out to eat because the food at the Residence, didn't even look edible.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

In defense of Residence Inn's,  I please don't stay there to have them feed you!

You have a kitchen to cook your own food and enjoy anything you would like.  You can carry "Inn" as well.  

I see too many people make "Gluttons" of themselves and why not just appreciate the great rooms. 

alwweb Platinum 4 Reviews

I started a similar thread this week after 2 recent Residence Inn stays where the evening social's had really declined.  I would rather they drop the evening social and not advertise it, than have something that isn't worth while.  Monday night this week as a bowl of tortilla chips, a bowl of salsa, a pitcher of lemonade, and a pitcher I assume was iced tea.  If the menu board in the room had said chips and salsa rather than the non-descriptive "tuned in", I would have gone back out immediately to get some dinner, rather than settling in and relaxing until 6pm arrived.

From the dates on this thread, I guess this has been going on for a while, I just hadn't noticed it.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...