0 Replies Latest reply: Apr 4, 2013 9:03 PM by jglad RSS

Fell in love with minor league ball

jglad Member
Currently Being Moderated

In the summer of 1996 I had just finished my first year of law school and was working as an intern at a firm in Philadelphia. One of the cases I was working took me to our Wilmington office for two weeks. This was a tiny office, staffed by just three people, and it being summer the work was very light. One afternoon we decided to skip out after lunch to attend a Blue Rocks game (at the time they were Kansas City's single A affiliate). Since it was a day game, there were fewer than 3,000 people in the stadium (which only held about 6,000 anyway). We got seats right behind the home dugout and chatted with the players, the bat boy and the first base coach throughout the game. It was a much more relaxed atmosphere than any major league game I had been to, and I couldn't wait to go again. Ever since I've tried to catch a minor league game anytime I could, and I've been to tiny stadiums to see a bunch of players I'd never heard of all across the county. I've been lucky enough to see a few stars before they hit it big, but it's the regular guys that really make it fun.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...