0 Replies Latest reply: Apr 4, 2013 8:42 PM by jglad RSS

Me and Willie Stargell

jglad Member
Currently Being Moderated

When I was 7 or 8 I went to my first Pirates game. My friend's dad had a suite behind third base and we could see through the glass partition that the suite next to us was completely empty. At some point Willie Stargell fouled a ball off into that empty suite. My brother and I quickly ran into the hall to try to get in to retrieve the ball, but of course it was locked. So, being the smallest and most agile, I was picked to climb out of our box, over the railing and into the adjoining suite. I grabbed the ball, handed it over and climbed back. After the game we waited outside the stadium and managed to meet Willie Stargell and get his signature on the ball. It was an amazing day, and the suite, the ball and Willie made it one of the best days of my life. Unfortunately, I lost the ball a few years later and haven't seen it since. A few hundred games later and I've still never come close to getting another ball.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...