0 Replies Latest reply: Apr 4, 2013 7:27 PM by dillweed RSS

42 story

dillweed Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Hello baseball fans - I grew up in Rochester NY going to Rochester Redwings games - longtime AAA affilate of the Baltimore Orioles and now linked to the Minnesota Twins.  Every year, my friends and I try to make at least a few games - late spring and late summer are the best times in our Rochester climate.  Opening day is Saturday 4/6 this year - looks like we will get it in without any snow this year.  I have seen one interesting baseball feat live and in person take place in Rochester.  A perfect game.  Pete Smith threw the game as a AAA player in the Braves organization - I believe it was with Pawtucket?  Can't remember.  The best part was I caught a foul ball during the game and stayed after for his autograph.  Pete signed the ball, along with Ryan klesko, Fernando Cabrera, and Chris Chambliss.  It's on top of my trophy case along with my personal achievements and close to a quarter million baseball cards that I still have since I was a kid in the 70's.  Love looking through that stuff!  Enjoy the season everybody!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...