5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 23, 2009 5:02 PM by jerrycoin RSS

Chacago Bound

redne49 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

We are headed for Chicago over the Easter weekend to visit our son and are looking for several dinner/brunch options.  We will be staying at the Marriott Renaissance near Soldiers Field.  Neither of us have spent any time there although I suspect this will be one of several for the future.  Any good ideas for "experiencing" Chicago during this short visit would be appreciated.

• Re: Chacago Bound
    loyalt Silver
    If you want to really "experience" Chicago then you've got to try the Chicago style pizza at Giordano's on Rush Street.  I hit a Giordano's whenever I get anywhere near Chicago, but the Rush Street location has the history and atmosphere.  The Today Show rated it the best pizza in America.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

mizmellie Gold

One of my favorite places.

For a fun dining "experience" esp if you have kids is Ed Debevics.The Saloon is good for steaks and so is Gene and Georgetti. We like the Art Institute - nice little restaurant too- take an architectural boat tour on the Chicago River - I love this everytime. 

Go up to the top of the John Hancock if the weather is clear. 

The Shedd is good if you like aquariums and the Adler is good if you like planetariums. they have a neat sky show with the skyline of Chicago. 

Walk up and Down Michigan Avenue.  the Chicago tribune building has pieces of many great architectural sites that were pilfered and added to the building.

Enjoy your trip

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jymbo18905 Platinum 1 Reviews

Chicago pizza is a must - either Giordanos or Lou Malnatis.

Joe' Seafood, Steak, and Crab is our favorite restaurant.

The steak is expensive but you can order a large steak and they will slice it for you to share.

If you want to see the skyline from the John Hancock Building for free, take the elevator to the restaurant or bar, have a drink and enjoy the scenery.  There are tons of museums but walking the Mag Mile or the lakefront would be great for a first visit if the weather permits.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

We took the train to Chicago and took your advice!

Joe's Steak and Seafood was great!

We split the porterhouse and had a ball.  Thanks 

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Jymbo,

You have the right "Plan"!  We love to hear the harpest on the 95th floor!

John Hancock is a must!  Thanks! 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...