1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 7, 2013 11:32 AM by jck99nz RSS

Buying a sim card in the USA for my iPad

sandyco Silver
Currently Being Moderated

I am travelling to the USA for 3 weeks in May (2013) and want to minimise my data roaming charges on my iPad.

I know that iPads are unlocked.

If anyone has bought a USA sim card for iPad please can you tell me how you did it and any pitfalls to watch out for. Thanks.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Buying a sim card in the USA for my iPad
    jck99nz Member
    Currently Being Moderated

I did this last week, and it's not cheap compared with other countries I've done it in. I went to AT&T and it turned out cheapest deal was the $65 Smartphone Monthly Plan with Data. The cheaper prepaid plans all required an additional data purchase in order to use them with a tablet/smartphone. The $65 gives you 1GB data, valid for one month. You also get unlimited calls within US, and unlimited texts within US and to a large number of other countries - details on their website. Note you will have to pay an additional $35 one-time charge for the SIM card, so total for the first month is $100 plus taxes. (I bought a full size SIM card for Samsung, but I think prices are same for the mini size iPad SIM). You might want to check out other providers (e.g., T-Mobile) - their websites give details on available plans.

Jeff

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...