12 Replies Latest reply: Apr 5, 2013 12:24 PM by anadyr RSS

Rain and sun today

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

OK, it's raining here, in spite of it all I tried to do my daily trek along the Pacific, but gave up sooner than later. 

Anyway I needed to get the 22 year old Mercedes in the shop for yet another warning light issue, this time for something brake-related.  My German Car mechanic, Jose, (not his nickname) assures me it will be a reasonable fix.  So I head to a coffee shop off Ocean Avenue, Carmel Valley Roasting, and get a large to go. The Barista is kind DSCN0262.JPGenough to write a special message on my paper cup, shown here, which says "Make Today Wonderful."

The  strolling through town I see a fellow, a stranger, sitting with his 120 pound Bernese Mountain Dog, "Baxter."  Baxter and I have a half hour spent rubbing his neck and petting him, and my foot falls asleep since he's laying on it. Turns out the owner worked for the Wall Street Journal on the west coast and specialized in anti-trust items.  We have a mutual friend, it turns out, and we proceed to chat for a while about that person.

Baxter is devastated when the petting stops but soon sees someone with a croissant that he can befriend. Dogs are fickle that way.

Funny how little things can color and improve your day, even when it's raining. Now I can face the music and the bill when the car comes back!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Carmel by the Sea, California, USA
  • Re: Rain and sun today
    kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

Very true!  Hope the rest of your day gets even better! 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

It has, just fished prepping our Moussaka for dinner, and it smells great.

kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

Sounds good! 

If effort counted then yes it should be.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

What time is dinner?

As soon as I can get that bottle of Opus One opened, come on down.

If I can steal one of an oil companies G550 I should be landing at MRY around 1845!

We'll send you the code--the armed guards can be quite impatient at our gate

I've flown to MRY before, just show up with wine and all is good with the guards!

Muy good

Sledchick Platinum 9 Reviews

Thanks for sharing your day, anadyr!  It made me smile.  -Sledchick

My pleasure--now I wish the darn car was fixed!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...