6 Replies Latest reply: Dec 12, 2016 7:39 PM by mrjohne RSS

Room Upgrades?

oregonian Gold Platinum
Currently Being Moderated
Have you Platinum members seeing less and less upgrade perks?  I have traveled 8 days in the past 45 and have yet to be upgraded?  In fact I have not seen a difference from Silver level to Platinum in that respect....  Have you?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Room Upgrades?
    makkberger Platinum 1 Reviews

Alot of it is a function of occupancy rates.

But I agree, it does feel like as of late I haven't been offered room upgrades as often as I used to be.  And sometimes if I ask for an upgrade, it is available.  I shouldn't have to ask.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

monisame Platinum

I always have to ask.  !!! and not always get it,  only a few times . Suites seems to be always busy.

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

I've travelled with Marriott 18 days during the past 60.  This was spread over 5 stays.  I was upgraded for every stay and 3 stays for 13 nights were upgrades to suites.

j&c Platinum

We just returned from a 19-day vacation - all Marriott - w/5 paid and 14 Reward nights. At every check-in, we asked for an upgrade when one was not offered. Of the 5 paid nights, we were upgraded at the 3 full service hotels (2 Marriotts and 1 Renaissance) without asking (1 suite) and treated exceptionally well (because we disclosed our anniversary in these 3 reservations). The other 2 paid nights were at the Fairfield where we had to ask for an upgrade - 1ce awarded and 1ce not. Of the 14 Reward nights (5 stays), we were pre-upgraded for 7 of the nights (2 stays) - to a 2-bedroom Penthouse suite at Residence (2 nights) and for 5 nights (1 stay) where we declined their lower floor upgrade offer. We were not upgraded after asking for the remaining 7 Reward nights (3 stays).  C

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

Happy anniversary @jJ&c The hotels seem to respond to special celebrations by being more generous with upgrades.  I find the full service hotels far more generous with upgrades than the non fs hotels. 

mrjohne Platinum

I have noticed the same issue.  I travel a lot for work and sometimes I'm disappointed that I didn't get an upgrade but sometimes I don't care.  If I'm on vacation then I always ask for an upgraded room usually just before I check in.  Sadly, too often the front desk doesn't even thank me for being a Platinum member instead they just ask "points or a market item?"

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...