6 Replies Latest reply: Jul 4, 2013 12:24 PM by b.g.dixon RSS

Best Marriott in the US?

dollard Alumni Steward Silver 11 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I previously asked outside of the US but I am sure some of you will say some of the best are here at home in the US. Which ones are they and why so I can help build my hotel listen for when I travel in the States and a maybe a little why.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
United States
San Diego, California, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina
Seattle, Washington, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Seattle Marriott Waterfront
  • Re: Best Marriott in the US?
    ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews

Not sure why no one is chiming in here yet, but you might want to look at some of these to get started:

GOOD LUCK!!!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

lakersfan Platinum 20 Reviews

One of my favorites is the San Diego Marriott Marquis and Marina.  It has been a few years since I have stayed there, Two experiences stand out as from stays at this hotel.  When our children were younger we were staying at the Marriott and having dinner in the main resturant (I forget the name of the restaurant).  As we were finishing dinner our waiter asked "would you and your wife like a few minutes alone?  I askwhat he meant and he said he would take our children to a vacant table and bring them ice cream sundaes.  Our waiter did just that.  It gave my wife and I about ten minutes alone and the kids really, really liked sitting at a table by themselves (not very far away) and being served ice cream sundaes.  This was an example of outstanding service.

On a subsequent stay as we were finishing check-in the front desk associate asked if there was anything he could to.  Jokingly I said "how about a bottle of Champagne."  I said "I'm just joking."  About ten minutes after getting to our room there was a knock on the door.  Room service brought a half bottle of Champagne and two flutes with a note from the front desk associate offering his service if we had any other needs.  I asked the server for the check and he said it was complimentary.  My wife was really happy and I was blown away.  Outstanding service.

Finally, on another trip we were heading to the valet car pick up and a bellman asked where we were going for the day?  We said "the zoo."  Without any prompting, he offered us discount coupons wich saved us about $40.

Writing this is making me think of when we can return.  One of my very favorite hotels.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

lakersfan,

Yes, also think this is one of the best!

Location Brand Hotel
      San Diego, California, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Dollard,

The Seattle Marriott Marina, is a very good property as well!

Good CL, and especially nice for/after a cruise.

Location Brand Hotel
    Seattle, Washington, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Seattle Marriott Waterfront
    ttas1214 Platinum

I love this topic!  I've been sitting here reminiscing about all the wonderful places we've stayed.  But the best is very easy for me, The Marriott Riverside Hotel San Antonio, TX.  They went out of their way from the moment we arrived.  We were using some extra Timeshare points we had for a City Escape.  The package came with breakfast and river tour tickets.  We usually prefer high floors for the views and noise reasons, but when we got to our 13th floor room I hated it.  The Riverwalk looked like a crack on the sidewalk so far below and the room had a weird smell.  Honestly, I thought "OH NO, it's going to be one of those hotels."  I could not have been more wrong.  I called the front desk and by the time the luggage arrived moments later they had moved us to a wonderful room on the 5th floor, our balcony hung just over all the activity of the river without being too noisy.  It was perfect!  The manager then sent up champagne and an assortment of cheese to apologize. It was not necessary but very thoughtful.  I have to admit, San Antonio is not really my thing.  We walked the river and explored the Alamo, we even did a bus tour including the Japanese tea garden and some sort of Saloon museum.  It was very quaint.  The second day we were a bit rushed to make the bus tour.  I mentioned to the waitress we had little time for breakfast but could I get an omelette, my husband ate off the buffet, she said there would be no problem but after 40 minutes no omelette and we needed to leave.  I thought, oh well my fault I should have eaten off the buffet.  We left our breakfast voucher on the table and hurried to our tour.  When we returned in the afternoon there was a lovely note from the manager apologizing for the breakfast problem, returning our voucher to be used the next day and a bottle of wine with an assortment of chocolate!!! I was blown away, not only had they been responsive to our needs but they had fixed a problem when no complaint had been made.  Now I don't foresee returning to San Antonio but if I ever do this is the only hotel I will ever stay at.  Trisha

b.g.dixon Platinum 33 Reviews

Thanks Trisha,

I live in Houston, TX, which is not that far from San Antonio.  You have made me think about considering a trip so that I can experience that. Thanks again. Barbara

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...