8 Replies Latest reply: Apr 3, 2013 11:51 AM by anadyr RSS

I'm seeing a trend here

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: I'm seeing a trend here
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Yep!

Get ready, it is going to get worse!

Just prepare yourself for many $400 CY's, and devalued points.

If you going, book your trip now!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Well we have seen the future here in the present and it looks kinda bleak.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

anadyr,

I don't think it will be bleak, because most of us will do something else:

BBQ and enjoy life at home, or

Drive to places that are fun, and inexpensive.

Again, just stay home.

Or we can become vagabonds whose loyalty has nothing to do with programs and points, just a good time at a reasonable price, and a safe environment.

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

Sadly, those of us traveling every week for business, moving from city to city, we don't have the time or patience to be free agents each and every week as we book our hotels.  Just isn't practical or an efficient use of our time.  I have no interest in using our travel agent for bookings, and already spend too much time booking flights etc....

The problem is real, the solution is difficult.

Kayak and other consolidators often lead you to a good price. Not always.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

When I was traveling I always booked my own hotel, air and car rental as the travel group we were supposed to use was a complete waste of time and money.  They'd charge you simply to use the services we were told we had to use which seems odd to me, so I just told our administrative secretary that I'd book the best rates and avoid paying those charges which worked out excellent until the mandate came down from high.  So glad retirement came soon so I didn't have to deal with that "free agent" mentality.

Through it all the airline loyalty was great right up until something called United showed up and took Continental away, now they are taking away any perks for being loyal for all those miles and years.  Marriott, well enough said, just about the only loyalty program is the car rental company which surprisingly has gotten better over the last couple of years.

jerry you're so correct, book it now or just BBQ!

I agree that rental car perks have gotten better over the years, but rates have risen too.  So, we should be (and I am) grateful for what we've got while we lament those we've lost.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...