3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 2, 2013 6:38 PM by jerrycoin RSS

Darryl Strawberry Baseball game

rrroos Member
Currently Being Moderated

I remember going to a Mets Game when I was 7 yrs old and wanting to see Darryl Strawberry.  He had the coolest name and he was also a good player.  We went for the warm up in advance and were waiting along the 3rd base line for rolling foul balls.  David Cone came and signed a few autographs and gave me a used ball.  That was a cool experience and I still have the ball.  We took the subway back into the city to our hotel and talked about the game with my brothers.  That was a memorable day at the park...

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Darryl Strawberry Baseball game
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

mroos,

Great post!

Saw him beat the Cardinals in STL, with the longest home run I ever saw.  It went off the right field scoreboard!  Somewhere there must be record of "Longest Home Runs at Busch Stadium", and this one should be on that list!

Thanks for the post!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

I remember him--he was special!

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Sad, what he "Sank to", after baseball!

Hope he has "Re-habbed" and doing better!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...