13 Replies Latest reply: Jun 23, 2013 8:29 PM by jerrycoin RSS

Paris! "Web Sites" That May Help You!

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Many MRI have asked or commented on their Parisian experience.  This may help some of you, and please add to it, if you can!  It may be a "Resource" for that special event or place that hopefully will make your trip more memorable!

Here's a start:

Paris Transportation:

(RER/Metro guide)     www.ratp.fr

Guided tours:

www.paris-trip.com

Department store shopping:

gallerieslafayette.com

www.printemps.com

Seine River Cruises:

www.bateaux-mouches.fr

Will have more, but this may be helpful!

Question:  Can you add to the list?

Sights:

www.moulin rouge.com

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Paris, France Renaissance Hotels Renaissance Paris Arc de Triomphe Hotel
  • Re: Paris! "Web Sites" That May Help You!

Here are more web-sites that may be of interest as well!

Paris, Culinary Adventures:

culinarytoursofparis.com

thepariskitchen.com

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

Thank you for doing this Jerry!  What a great resource!  This will be very helpful to me! 

GemPrincess Alumni Steward Platinum 17 Reviews

Guides to current events and activities in Paris, oriented more to those who  live or frequent Paris, and want to know the current events. or maybe even tempting enought to get us to cross the pond to see an event we had not planned on like, "...horse shows mixing dressage with theatrical artistry and live dance in the former royal stables of the Château de Versailles..."

http://www.timeout.fr/paris/en

http://www.parisadvice.com/

http://www.secretsofparis.com/paris-calendar/

http://www.guide2paris.com/

Especially like the Timeout series, and it is available for all the major cities of the world

http://www.timeout.com/

kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

Thanks for sharing Prof!  Good stuff! 

GP,

Thanks for the information!

Love your "Travel Experiences"!

JC,

Its like I get to relive all my trips recounting them!

Am also catching up on my travel reading, which is giving me that urge to go exploring again.

Just finished Jeffrey Sigler's book, Prey on Patamos that profchiara recommended.  Guess it was a coincidence I read it over Easter weekend, when the story takes place, and also made me think of ProfC and her recent trip to Greece.  Has she posted anything?  Was wondering if I might have missed it.

GP,

Yes, I agree with you about recounting the trips!

That's is what makes MRI a valuable source to remind you of the "Great, and not so great travel experiences"!  The "Not-so-great" experiences in the future can be minimized as a result of many shared experiences from fellow MRI!

JC,

This is why I have been linking all the threads on a particular location together.  I figure we can all benefit from our collective knowledge of destinations.  I thought it might help those that either don't know how, or don't think to query the site for previous experience prior to posting questions.

GP,

You are doing a magnificent job of sharing web-sights that specifically interest the user!

I don't know how you do it, and I can't do it!

But it works, again, for those that have an interest in a certain location or experience.

Will get you some pictures up about the Colmer Area!

JC,

I find the collective knowledge on a location not only interesting, but also less biased than an individual post.

You get to see the broad spectrum of experiences and tastes over time, hence the possibilities.

I certainly have gotten some great ideas about places I am very familiar with....just never occurred to me to try something different till I read an interesting post on MI.

photochick Platinum

Jerry,

Thank you, this is great information!

photochick,

Thank-you for your comment!

We all would welcome, more posts from you!

Please keep your comments coming!

Sue,

Gem Princess is just that, especially when it comes to travel!

Hope this helps!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...