19 Replies Latest reply: Apr 9, 2013 8:08 AM by shashack RSS

Venice Italy transportation

shashack Platinum 4 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I am looking for any tips on how to get to the Boscolo Venezia Hotel from the Santa Lucia train station.  We will be arriving July 4th to embark on a 12 day cruise departing on July 6th.  My wife still has not grasped the concept of packing light so we will have a couple of large suitcases to manage over the various canal bridges.  Does anyone know of the Boscolo's courtesy water taxi provides pick-up form this location or what other options we may have?  Thank you in advance for the suggestions.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Venice, Italy Autograph Collection Boscolo Venezia, Autograph Collection
Venice, Italy
  • Re: Venice Italy transportation
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

From a little research using the hotel website it appears from the train station take either the 42 or 52 line to the hotel.  There is also mention of a free motor boat service, but not sure if that covers the your arrival at train station or simply referring to getting around on the Grand Canal.

Boscolo Venezia | Contact & Directions. Luxury hotel in Venice, near Train Station. 5 star Venice hotel. The best hotel in Venice. 5 star in central Venice, near Madonna dell'Orto church.

It would be best to email the hotel using the email address shown in the link above to verify everything as getting lost in Venice (it is going to happen regardless) is frustrating yet so much fun.

P8150002.JPG

Riding the ACTV is easy,

P8130004.JPG

The ACTV boats are everywhere just pick the correct line shown on each pier and get off anyplace you like!

Have a great and exciting time in Venice.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
    Venice, Italy

IAHFLYER

Thanks for the reply and the photos.  I will follow your suggestion and contact the hotel regarding their water taxi/shuttle.  I assume that bags on the ACTV should not be an issue as it is likely full of tourist.

shashack you're welcome.  Bags are not an issue on the ACTV, but I'd make sure they're roll-a-boards so you can pull them along with ease as you'll find numerous bridges in Venice some with steps up to the top and then plenty of bumpy concrete streets.

10 View Out Window.JPGP81300031.JPG

IAHFLYER

Thanks again... We are departing from San Antonio which my guess (based on IAH) is just down I-10.

Happy Travels

Yes, just down the road a piece.  What city are you flying to from SAT?

I work in San Antonio and we live in Seguin.  Most of our travels originate either from Austin or San Antonio.

Actually I was asking about what city are you flying to in Europe?

Sorry about that I guess I am guilty of TMI.    We are flying into Rome and staying a couple of days and then Trenitalia to Venice for a short visit before the cruise.

joe.isenberg Member 2 Reviews

And don't you just HATE the traffic on 35 in the mornings!? I live in Schertz and teach in Harlandale ISD. Have fun on your trip! We are going to Rome in July out of IAH.

eb5147 Alumni Steward Platinum 7 Reviews

I had one of the most interesting experiences once years ago when going from Ft. Worth to Austin for State PTA day.  I had a small Maxima station wagon full of women and when we got to Round Rock, the traffic was start and stop.  The lane I was driving in was going really well while the other lane was stopped.  Then there would be a large opening in the other lane, so I'd switch lanes.  That lane started going and the one I'd been in stopped.  This went on all the way to Austin.  Someone in the car mentioned that I must have traveled that site many times.  That was actually the first for the morning traffic rush.  Beginners luck and / or miracle to let us get there on time. 

Awesome

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

IAHFLYR,

Well put!

We are novice international travelers.  We made a UK trip 2 years ago but this is our first time (other than Mexico) to a non-English speaking country.  We are recent empty nesters and looking forward to new adventures.  Any tips on train trave or European travel in general is greatly appreciated.

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

For Vaporetto information - www.actv.it | Actv - impresa e territorio, il valore dei fatti

Take the 4.1 - 4.2 Vaporetto line from S. Lucia to Orto.  (4.1 goes one direction, 4.2 goes the opposite direction.  You want to head towards Orto.)   At the Orto stop, you'll have all flat ground to the Boscolo Venezia.  Just head away from the dock, keep turning right whenever you can until you get to a canal.  At that canal, turn right and pass Madonna dell Orto church and the Boscolo is just past it.  It's less than a 5 minute walk, and you really can't get lost (surprisingly - it's Venice after all.)  The vap ticket is about 7€ one way.  You can purchase your ticket aboard the boat.

Have fun!

Thank you Pluto!!!  I think even I should be able to find my way if I stick to your directions.

You're still going to get lost in Venice, it's a given even with the outstanding directions pluto provided.  But no finer place to get lost so enjoy it all.

And, if you haven't applied for Global Entry it may be worth looking into to save time upon returning to the U.S.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

IAHFLYR,

Great advice!

Why thank you kind Sir,

Even though some people don't believe it is worth the $100 or so, some airlines will offer to pay that fee for you with UA being one for the higher end premier members, but all it takes is a late flight that turns a two hour connection into a 45 minute dash to make the last flight of the day home and the extra time saved is more than worth it in my opinion.

Great tip and I will follow-up on it.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...