15 Replies Latest reply: Dec 28, 2013 4:14 PM by nuhusker RSS

Raleigh, N.C. "A Great Place for a Celebration"!

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

A short walk from The Renaissance is where I took my Niece, and her fiancee' this week to dine.  She had never been to a "French Bistro" before and enjoyed escargot, flounder, scallops, steak and shared the same with her "Husband to be"!

The hotel is spacious, and there is plenty of shopping that can be done from this location.

IMG_3146.JPG

Coquette Brasserie, is very comfortable and the menu is varied..

IMG_3147.JPG

She just got her Law Degree, so it was a "Double Celebration"!

Do you have a favorite "Bistro", hopefully as close to a Marriott Property?e

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Raleigh, North Carolina, USA Renaissance Hotels Renaissance Raleigh North Hills Hotel
  • Re: Raleigh, N.C. "A Great Place for a Celebration"!
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Congratulations to her!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

anadyr,

Thanks!

She is a hard worker, and her Dad (My brother), just got laid off from his NASA job at Kennedy Space Center.  So it's a real break for all of this to become  a "Happy Event"!

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

jerry,

The Renaissance  is my favorite place to stay in Raleigh.  Its the only hotel I know of that is connected to a Gold's Gym and they  give you full access.  Lots of nice shops, restaurants, and a movie theater are all within walking distance.  If you have time you may also want to check out Firebirds, its an excellent place to dine.  The Cilantro-Grilled Chicken is my favorite.   The last time I went to the Renaissance's concierge's lounge there they had some excellent cheesecake for dessert.

psudad Alumni Steward Gold 3 Reviews

Raleigh has come a long way since I lived there, when starting my career, in '76 - '79.  The Angus Barn, near the airport, was the great place for steak and from what I understand, still is.  Also, a funky little place called Irregardless Cafe opened just before I moved there and from what I understand is still going strong.  Just off Hillsborough, near St. Marys.  http://www.irregardless.com/

bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews

We just got a chance to stay at this property and everything you said was true.  Appreciate your posting on this hotel.  We enjoyed it immensely.

bpelican,

Glad all worked out for you!

Happy New Year!

bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews

Same to you

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

we had a business conference there in May and we were treated well. The best part of this hotel is also the shopping and restaurants near by. sometimes conferences are in hotels with nothing near by and you are forced to spend all your free time in the hotel. This hotel has a lot nearby so would recommend it as a venue

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

I've been to Raleigh many times, and stayed in a half dozen or so different Marriott properties there.  For me, there is no match for the downtown Marriott.  And it you need to be near the airport for an early morning flight, none other than FFI Brier Creek.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...