9 Replies Latest reply: Apr 1, 2013 12:23 AM by curiousone RSS

Please add this benefit

rodrigst Platinum 5 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Please count reward nights and coupon nights towards the nights stayed tally. This is a great benefit of starwood and could see it being very attractive with MR. I often have to let the coupons expire (I currently have 4 nights 1-4) because I want to earn the nightly stay credit, plus I often don't go places where there are nice 1-4 hotels...

thanks!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Please add this benefit
    missgee Silver 40 Reviews

I would love if they did that.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

missgee Silver 40 Reviews

It would also be awesome if they counted additional rooms as a separate night stayed.

richard37075 Platinum

That would be a great benefit for sure.

However, I wouldn't let the coupons expire without using them.  Not sure if you are platinum or not, but if you are, you could at least check-in with them, get your Arrival bonus points, and then check out.  Kind of a bed run scenario but with a coupon.  And don't forget, if one of your coupons happen to be a Marriott Visa certificate night, Marriott will extend those as long as you call prior to expiration for another 6 months from the date of the phone call.

rodrigst Platinum 5 Reviews

Thanks for the tip!

I'll make sure to call before that happens!

I have the other 4 from the promotions, but I don't think I'll use them. I am platinum, so maybe I'll do that just to get the extra points (if there's one close by)!

Segments Platinum 4 Reviews

Good to know!

curiousone Platinum

According to a recent news article IHG (Holiday Inn) has just added this benefit. Maybe there is a tipping point that will cause everybody to do it. I have always believed that points are just another form of currency. So, if I pay in $, Euros or points, I should get credit for the night.

carolg Platinum

It's a free night. Why should it count? Should airlines also count segments flown if they were free?

I am just curious behind the rationale of it counting besides other hotels doing it.

curiousone Platinum

While we may see it a a "free" night, the fact is it is being purchased with currency, in this case Marriott Reward Points. I can choose to pay for a night with points, or I can purchase a flat screen TV. Marriott does not give me "free" flat screen TVs. The fact is that Marriott Reward Points are a form of currency. If I pay for the night with any other form of currency ($, Yen, Euro) I get credit for the night. I should get credit for the night that I pay for with points. Now, when it comes to the free cat 1 - 4 night I get with my credit card, I will agree that that is a "free" night and would not expect credit towards elite status.

marriottmemberfromla Platinum 51 Reviews

That would be a nice benefit though I'm surprised other hotels are doing it since like carolg mentions...airlines don't do it.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...