2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 29, 2013 11:31 AM by jerrycoin RSS

AL Fan Exploring Houston

hullstones Gold
Currently Being Moderated

I ended up in Houston for a week while undergoing some medical procedures.  My dad -- a huge baseball fan from Baltimore, who frequents mostly AL games/teams -- came out to be with me.  I was released early from the hospital and we were able to purchase some last minute tickets to an Astros game.  We were able to sit right behind the home dugout and enjoy the game together after the stress of the medical junk.  It was a great experience for both of us.  I did not even know the team they were playing - Miami - had changed their name.  We had such a good time that we returned the next day for the second game in the series.  Awesome time!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: AL Fan Exploring Houston
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

I trust your medical issues have been resolved and all is well. 

Your lucky the last few years have been very down years for our Astros, I won't get into some other names we have for them here in town, but very happy you got great seats and got to enjoy time with your Dad.  From time to time you can find George H.W. Bush and Barbara sitting behind home plate in the owners seats as they are avid sport fans, just not sure this year we will see much of that as 41's health has been declining.

My Dad and I used to attend many football and basketball games growing up in Cleveland, I always remember those games and times with him as they were so very special, particularly after his passing some seven years ago now. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: AL Fan Exploring Houston
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

hullsones,

Hope all goes well with the medical treatments!

Funny you mention Houston Baseball because one of the big stories I was reading about today is A-Rod of the NY Yankees makes more than the entire Astro Team, this year.  He gets paid $29 million, and the entire Astro team makes $25 Million!

Enjoy the season!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...