10 Replies Latest reply: Dec 5, 2013 9:51 AM by nuclearlegos RSS

In Atlanta:  Ritz Carlton or Marriott Marquis

engineergirl Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I''ll be in Atlanta a lot this summer and can get same rate at available Marriott affiliated properties downtown.  For most of my trips, it's a choice between the Marquis and the Ritz.  As a Platinum Premier with a MR credit card, should I stay at the Ritz Carlton or the Marriott Marquis, considering points, treatment, possibility of upgrade, etc.  They are very close to each other so location seems moot.  Any advice?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Atlanta, Georgia, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Atlanta Marriott Marquis
Atlanta, Georgia, USA The Ritz-Carlton The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta
  • Re: In Atlanta:  Ritz Carlton or Marriott Marquis
    richard37075 Platinum

I travel to Atlanta a fair amount on business also.  I have a couple upcoming stays at the Marquis myself. 

I'm sure you would receive a better "service" experience at the Ritz (never stayed at the downtown property - just the Buckhead property), but the Marquis has always been good from a service stand point.  The biggest difference between the two is that you will have lounge access at the Marquis for being Platinum.  You could probably swing a room upgrade at both properties, but the Ritz will want almost $100/night for Club access.  The Ritz also doesn't have a pool, while the Marquis has a really nice pool area.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

missgee Silver 40 Reviews

I've not stayed at either property so cannot comment on that aspect, but I'd like to echo what Richard has posted.

Ritz-Carlton properties act autonomously from the other Marriott properties in that they are far less likely to give you an upgrade based on status.  They most definitely won't give you access to the lounge unless you purchase that option.  But the lounges at the R-C's are most definitely a world apart from the lounges at regular Marriott properties.  Having said that, you are guaranteed a high level of customer service and high quality accommodations.

Definitely at the Marquis you will have lounge access.  There is also a really good chance that you will be upgraded.

I'd book a stay at each and weigh my preference based on that.

missgee Silver 40 Reviews

Went directly from this thread to read the "Upgrades" thread and found this post!

http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/message/63166#63166

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

engineergirl,

I've not stayed at either of those properties in Atlanta but have stayed many times at the JW Marriott in Buckhead which has an excellent concierge lounge and large rooms.  The staff is very friendly and the hotel was recently rennovated.  The JW is connected to the Lennox mall and the MARTA (subway) is right across the street making downtown and airport access very easy.

nuclearlegos Gold 8 Reviews

So did you ever decide whether to go with the Marquis or the Ritz? It would be great to know what you chose/thought.  Thanks.

lakersfan Platinum 20 Reviews

The original post was quite a while ago, but the Concierge Lounge at the Marquis is one of the best!  It is huge, has fantastic views and the food and drink selection much better than most others.

I just got back from Atlanta and was definitely impressed by the hotel and the concierge lounge.  I will stay here again next time I visit.

theolejudge Gold 4 Reviews

Engineergirl:

I am sorry I noted your post so late--I live in Atlanta and visit both for functions you will enjoy the Marriott Marquis much more in my opinion......Bill

No problem.  I completely understand.  I did really enjoy the Marquis and was very glad that I stayed there.  Thanks. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...