8 Replies Latest reply: Apr 6, 2013 5:19 PM by shoeman1000 RSS

Have all Plat Premiere cards been mailed yet?

carolg Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I am a second year PP and have heard through the grapevine that many folks have gotten their cards and a gift.

It's been over a month since many of them have received them and I am debating calling someone since nothing has arrived in my mailbox.

Thoughts?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Have all Plat Premiere cards been mailed yet?
    shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

Hi Carolg

I too was wondering the same thing.  I would return from a week on the road time after time, searching through the mail pile only to be disappointed with nary a piece from Marriott.  Well, lo and behold, I had a short travel week due to Good Friday and returned home this evening.  There it was, my PP card and travel gift as well.  Keep the faith, I'm sure yours  is on the way.

Safe travels

Shoeman

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

carolg Platinum

Thanks! Leaving tonight for another jaunt but hopefully it will arrive by Tuesday before I road-warrior again.

seattlite Platinum

you don't want the gift (read my post "Platinum Premier - Why?").  The card isn't important.  you'll probably feel better just patting yourself on the back vs. the paltry offerings in store this year with Marriott

carolg Platinum

Ahhh but see I have been holding out on replacing my toiletries bag since I heard about the gift!

I agree that PP is relatively pointless. My problem is that I have had numerous employees think that PP is below Plat, sometimes below silver... I have actually taken to handing over the card with my ID because I have tired of asking for the welcome gift (don't get me started about trying to collect a guarantee).

carolg

Please.... let's discuss the guarantee.  I suppose you are speaking of the arrival gift, or lack thereof and the $100 cash award if not provided with the arrival gift?  I am on a run of stays where almost 50% of the time I am not getting the arrival gift points.  While the hotel I stay at most often begrudgingly agreed to the $100 guarantee, I was informed that in the future, the guarantee wold only be honored if I identified the mistake prior to my departure.  Never mind that there is no way for me to know prior to my departure unless I ask the front desk if they did their job.  By doing so, I give them the opening to say, ok I will take care of that right now.......  it's a joke!

carolg Platinum

I agree. It's why I have taken to handing over my card. Some fun experiences:

• I have come to the front desk upon departure to be told I had been offered it on arrival (um were you there? are you calling me a liar?).
          • I have been told I was given points when they pre-checked me in (false, on that reservation my number wasn't in the system until after arrival, no way you could have anticipated I was a plat -- this was by far my favorite because it was the manager who lied to my face and did not offer an apology when called out and was refused the cash).
          • I have been told that it could be offered any time (so six days later I could be asked what I want for my ARRIVAL gift?)
          • I have been told that I would be sent a check (note if you don't collect cash on the spot, don't expect a check in the mail)

The best part is that in many cases, all I wanted was a bottle of water or a piece of fruit. I am not trying to game the system. And when I mention it the next day, it isn't usually to collect the cash but rather to give the manager a heads up and to still collect that bottle of water. Unless the service was terrible (see bullet point number two), I don't care enough to fight about it... but by offering my card at check-in, I can at least up the possibility of an arrival snack.

carolg Platinum

It arrived! Great way to kick off April -- and didn't even need the card in Minneapolis. I LOVE the Marriott Minneapolis City Center. Seriously an amazing property and they treat loyal customers by recognizing their loyalty, even when staying on points. It is why I will continue to go back to this location.

Carolg

One of my most impressive upgrades came at this property.  I was in town to work with Target and was checking in for my 2 night stay.  I was greeted warmly and told that I had been upgraded to the Presidential Suite.  This suite had to be 1,200-1,500 sq feet with full glass windows providing a panoramic view of the city.  I loved it.  Unfortunately, I've never been back............

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...