13 Replies Latest reply: Mar 30, 2013 5:17 PM by californian RSS

Anaheim Disneyland Rewards Redemption

mattlivingston511 Gold
Currently Being Moderated

I spent a few hours last night making a rewards reservation for a Marriott within walking distance of Disneyland in Anaheim, CA. this is the tail-end of our 3-year anniversary trip...the first nights we will spend at the Cosmopolitan in LV (in my opinion best Mariott in North America). I had previously only stayed at the Disneyland hotel inside the park. There are 4 Marriott properties within 1 mile, which therefore fit the bill. I welcome your feedback to the pros/cons of these four, listed by proximity to the park, as I have never stayed at any of them.

Fairfield Disneyland:

PROS: Literally right outside park entrance, Disney themed rooms

CONS: $11/day for parking, no free breakfast (or breakfast at all for that matter)

Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate:

PROS: Free parking, free breakfast, many suites

CONS: 1/2 mile from park entrance, Category 6 where Fairfield and Marriott are Category 5

Anaheim Marriott:

PROS: Lounge/breakfast

CONS: $24/day parking, 1 mile from park

Courtyard:

N/A I don't stay at these unless I know the manager or something

I settled on the Residence Inn...in my opinion these are generally a low-value paid stay but high-value reward stay. Paying the extra 5000 points per night is worth it over the Marriott (further walk and 24$ a day to park) and Fairfield (no breakfast and 11$ to park). If we had kids with us the Fairfield would be more appealing with Disney-themed rooms. I put a dollar value on 5000 points at $60 because that's what the points purchase costs, when you factor convenience into these comparisons for me it is a no brainier.

PS The TownePlace is 1.5 miles away, outside Angles stadium. It's a low-point redemption (Category 3) and for $5 you can buy an Anaheim bus pass that will take you to/from Disneyland every 30 mins, starting 15 mins before park opens and ending 15 mins after park closes. Not s considering this because of the mild inconvenience of the bus and its a sketchier area.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Anaheim, California, USA Courtyard By Marriott Courtyard Anaheim at Disneyland Resort
Anaheim, California, USA Fairfield Inn By Marriott Fairfield Inn Anaheim Resort
Anaheim, California, USA Residence Inn By Marriott Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate
Anaheim, California, USA TownePlace Suites By Marriott TownePlace Suites Anaheim Maingate Near Angel Stadium
Anaheim, California, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Anaheim Marriott
  • Re: Anaheim Disneyland Rewards Redemption
    glparks Platinum 3 Reviews

We have stayed at all of the properties you mention.  The RI Maingate is a good choice--they have a full breakfast, better than most RI's.  The ART shuttle stops along the property so if you want to skip the walk or plan to go back and forth more than once during the day (which sometimes makes the day--the ability to leave the park, put your feet up, freshen up for the evening and night time) consider the shuttle.  It is a reasonable cost and makes life easy, especially if you end up shopping and want to bring your haul back rather than carry it with you all day!

Have fun at the RI and at the Parks!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

mattlivingston511 Gold 3 Reviews

Thank you Parks, I will certainly consider the shuttle for the added convenience! I am quite excited about this trip and glad to hear their RI hosts a brood breakfast. Really appreciate your help!

stelzer001 Platinum 2 Reviews

FWIW- we use the Marriott Anaheim Suites, not right outside the main gate, but the ART bus does make this a good choice; if you are Plat or Gold, BFast during the week is included. We like it because we have two children, 8 and 10, and they get one room (w/TV, Couch, etc) we get the main bedroom, and everyone is happy. Rooms have a fridge to keep water, etc. No CL in this Marriott, but there is a Walgreens accross the street to pick up water, etc for nominal costs. This property is 1 mile from DLand, so its really a matter of personal preference, but parking is no cost, and there are a few chain restaurants (Joe's Crab, Red Robin, etc) within 200 feet of the hotel entrance. Just a suggestion, adding another choice that may or may not work for you and your circumstances.

mattlivingston511 Gold 2 Reviews

Stelzer, thank you for sharing this experience and information. I am starting the Plat challenge on 4/2 have currently Gold status so this appeals for free breakfast. When I look at the hotel it shows $8/day for parking, is this new or do they perhaps not enforce? The last thing I like is for a free stay to end up costing me...even its minimal. It just irks me.

image.jpg

stelzer001 Platinum 2 Reviews

Last time I stayed there was Nov 2012, and there was no charge for parking, maybe something new, if you like the property, call and see as I havent had a chance to do so and given I am in Eastern and hotel is in Cali, I cannot call for a few hours and get anyone there who can answer, so if you have a chance, give them a ring and see what they say. share if you find out as I am sure we are all interested. Thanks and enjoy DLand

mattlivingston511 Gold 2 Reviews

I Just spoke with the front desk clerk at the Anaheim Marriott Suites. The parking fee of 8$ self/12$ valet is waived only when booking through Disneyland.com as a partner hotel. If you book through Marriott or any other travel website, the parking fee will apply, regardless of guest status.

kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

Mattlivingston511,

Thank you for the information!  I've been wondering about this.  Very informative!

Kyle

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

kharada46

What day of the week would you be staying in Anaheim?  If the FFI does not offer breakfast and if during the week, the Marriott did, it might be worth considering the Marriott and you would be right there when you return the Hertz car.  I don't know the difference in price but the breakfast would be worth something.

Californian,

that crossed my mind too.  But I ended up choosing the FFI because of its proximity to the park entrance.  From what I understand the Marriott is quite a bit farther away.  it does look nicer and having a CL is always nice, but I'm n it sure if the added distance is worth.  Still got time to think though! 

Many hotels are surrounding the Disney property but often you have to walk a way to get the gate.  It is not how close you are to the Disney property but how close to the gate.. I would suggest that you call the Marriott and ask them.  I don't think they would have a shuttle but you could check on that too  You might call the FFI and ask the same question.

Hi Californian, 

Will do.  It would be nice to stay in the Marriott if walking time is comparable to the FFI.

Thanks! 

In other thread, I mentioned the ART shuttle for $5/person/day.  It stops right in front of Marriott and takes you to the Disney gate.  If walking is too much you have a back up.

marriottmemberfromla Platinum 51 Reviews

I haven't stayed at any of those properties, but I think that Fairfield Inn is very close to Downtown Disney, Disneyland and California Adventure.  It might be within walking distance.  That seems like it would be a big plus if you want to avoid shuttles or expensive Disneyland parking.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...