7 Replies Latest reply: Mar 27, 2013 1:08 AM by anadyr RSS

Conversations 101

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

At the In'N'Out Burger (INOB) the other day:

Me: Hi

Them:  Welcome Sir, can I take your order?"

Me:  I'd like a number three, animal style, the fries well done with no salt please.

Them:  Repeats the order perfectly, including the secret menu items.  "Will that be for here?"

Me:  Yes.

Them:  Hands me a paper cup,  "Thank you sir, your number is 36, and is there anything else I can do?"

Me:  "No thank you."

AT the CVS drugstore the other day:

Me:  Hi, can you tell me where the Total cereal that is on sale might be?"

Them:  Huh?

Mr: Breakfast cereal?

Them:  Scratching of chin. "I think it's on aisle six, but maybe you oughta look."

Me:  Thanks

Them:  No Problem (the Dude ending was understood and therefore silent.)

Now for the part that I did not mention:  The young lady at INOB was all of 17, a child of Spanish-speaking parents (I assume since the store was in a very Spanish speaking area of Salinas CA).  She had been given customer service instructions and followed them--the hallmark of an excellent business.  The CVS man was thirty, and should have known better.  PS I found the cereal after some searching.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Conversations 101
    curiousone Platinum

Anadyr:

I grew up on INOB in the San Gabriel Valley. Back then they only employed men, no women allowed behind the counter. Ah, the good old days.

Curiousone

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Never knew that Harry Snyder was that way, but now the company is run by his granddaughter!

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

From a purely personal perspective, I'm a Cheerios guy !

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

I like cheerio's also! 

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

I think we fall into the 'great minds think alike' process...... Cheerio!

I was at one time a spell checker at the M&M factory.

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

Love In-N-Out Burgers!  Wish they were on the East coast!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...