43 Replies Latest reply: Apr 2, 2013 1:09 AM by seattlite RSS

Great weekend Seattle Waterfront Hotel

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

We just returned from another fabulous weekend staying at the Seattle Waterfront overlooking Elliott Bay.  The hotel is always fabulous with extremely courteous friendly associates, wonderful views of the Olympics, Mt. Rainer, Elliott Bay, very close to Pike Place Market and downtown Seattle.  During our weekend we decided to wander about aimlessly (I do that best) and find some new places to dine visit.  Here are a few pictures taken over the weekend in and around Seattle.

P1010630.JPG

Ahh the famous fish mongers.

P1010634.JPG

Which one shall we pick to ship home?

P1010635.JPG

Always amazed with the vibrant colors and fresh flowers in the market.

P1010638.JPG

Kusshi is the best oysters I've tasted recently, maybe ever at Seatown Snack Bar.

P1010654.JPG

Our favorite room, and the front desk knows it!!

P1010656.JPG

Perfect.

P1010660.JPG

Mt. Rainer in the distance watching over Seattle.

P1010668.JPG

Great sunset Sunday evening.

If you haven't been to Seattle you're missing out.  IMHO, this hotel has the best location and views in town.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Seattle, Washington, USA
Seattle, Washington, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Seattle Marriott Waterfront
  • Re: Great weekend Seattle Waterfront Hotel
    NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

If that's the "Seattle Marriott Waterfront", here's a link to create a formal review for the hotel

Seattle Marriott Waterfront

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Really wasn't a review for the hotel more just a here is what we did so if I posted in the wrong spot please move it.

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

No worries, just providing the link in case you wanted to write a review. Thanks for the great photos!

And I just may do that very thing later on, thanks much.

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

If great information was easier to find more could benefit from it.  I think the reviews are a start.  I did my first and it was not bad even though I couldn't get my picture to post.

missgee Silver 40 Reviews

I was going to add my review of this fabulous hotel but it requires a date... which I cannot recall.  lol

I wrote a review of another location a month or so ago and had stayed so many different times I just picked any ole date!

I assume that they want the date in case you had some problem, they could track down who might have been involved.  If you are just describing the hotel, who cares!

I'd feel so guilty!  Like I'd been caught cheating on a test or something.  lol

But if you guys think it's okay, I'll go ahead. 

Go for it, we won't tell anyone you cheated! 

Oh wait.  I think I did a hotel review before that forum was created!  I wonder if I can find it.

I would just put in an approximate date.  The review is important to us.

curiousone Platinum

IAHFLYR:

What is the room number? My wife and I will be there 5/10 - 5/17. This will be my first stay at the Waterfront.

I really enjoy visiting Seattle, just wouldn't want to live there.

Curiousone

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

Next time you're here, make sure you try the Original Ivar's stand, down on the waterfront.  They have a regular restaurant, but the stand still has awesome fish and chips and chowder, for a really reasonable price.  They have stayed in business forever, jst on the price and qualtity of the food they serve.  There are a lot of wonderful places to eat as you wander around Pike Street Market and in the blocks around it and the waterfront. 

I always enjoy pictures.  Pikes Market was a lot of fun.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

IAHFLYR,

Great story and pictures!  This is a wonderful place to stay before or after a cruise.  I stayed prior to my cruise to Alaska, and had the same wonderful experience you did.  My room looked just like yours, and the CL was most enjoyable.  Here are a few photo's as well:

IMGP0032.JPG

The room had three

balcony's!  Very scenic.

IMGP0035.JPG

The put on quite a show, especially when they start "Throwing the fish" at Pike Street Market.  I think this is where Starbucks got started!

IMGP0040.JPG

This is looking up at these wonderful rooms from the street.  There is so much to enjoy nearby!

Location Brand Hotel
    Seattle, Washington, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Seattle Marriott Waterfront

Yep a very place for sure.  I believe the only difference in your room from ours is we were on the northwest corner with the wrap around balcony facing north and west, otherwise probably the same suite.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

IAHFLYR,

Yes, my room was on the Southern corner.  Sure look forward to going back to this hotel.

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

IAH,

Seattle is definitely an enjoyable city to visit.  I like the flower marts at Pike's Market best, and love Ivar's seafood stand at the water.  A bowl of clam chowder from Ivar's is always a tradition.  Did you happen to visit the Chihuly Gardens at the Seattle Center?

I also love getting up and driving over to West Seattle early in the morning.  It's quiet and peaceful.  Park in front of the Starbuck's on Alki Beach and walk the Alki Trail along the beach to the top tip of the West Seattle Peninsula to the Hamilton View Point, where you can stop and enjoy a spectacular view across Elliott Bay of the Seattle cityscape.  Then turn around and walk back to Starbucks.  It's about a 3.2 mile walk round trip.  Perfect.  The Alki Cafe across the side street from Starbucks serves a good breakfast for after the morning beach trail walk.

Map West Seattle.gif

pluto,

Yep, Ivar's is certainly good as well as Anthony's at Pier 66......love the Pink Door and Matt's in the Market, such a great variety of food spots.  Do you know if Ivar's will be having the July 4th fireworks this year?  I know a couple of years ago they stopped but I am not sure if that was a one year thing or not.

Anyway, we did not go to Seattle Center this visit and thanks for the idea of Chihuly Gardens.  We always go over to Alki for lunch at least once as well as have a glass of wine at Salty's as the sunsets reflecting on the city are beautiful.  Lunch was at a little spot we discovered, Cactus and it was very good food, drinks, and service for a relatively good price. If my memory serves me correctly Alki Cafe is just down the street from Cactus.

pluto,

I won't have a car while there.  Do you know if I could get to West Seattle by public transportation?

Even though I'm not pluto you can get from downtown to West Seattle (Alki) by the King County Water Taxi that departs from the downtown waterfront near Ivar's I believe.  The water taxi is a great way to get back and forth in the summertime.

West Seattle Route

Thanks.  I will have 5 or 6 nights there and this could be another thing on my list.  I was there for 7 nights a few years ago and did a lot then.  I am finishing up things that I could not fit in.  I also just like to walk around the waterfront and of course will visit Pike's.

I plan to go to Victoria for a day and want to see music and si-fi at the old expo site.  Now I have another day filled.  Before long, I won't be able to fit everything in again.

When you're in Victoria try to fit in a beer or snack/meal at the Spinnaker.  Awesome.

Home - Spinnakers Gastro Brewpub - Spinnakers Gastro Brewpub and Guesthouses, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

This looks like a winner.  I will try it.  Thanks.

You can hop on the water taxi and it will take you most of the way if you don't mind walking a bit after it drops you off.  It's also a nice walk back to the harbor.

Oh!  On our last trip to Seattle we took the ferry from Anacortes through the San Juan Islands to Sidney, then drove about 25 miles to Victoria.  So beautiful and relaxing.  Highly recommend it.

That sounds nice, Missgee.  I've always wanted to visit San Juan Islands and do the Orca whale watching.  The ferries are indeed enjoyable.

They have a day trip by boat to the San Juan's that includes whale watching.  I did that last trip.  The problem is that actually take the ferry boat that is unable to get as close as the little boats.  I did see them but from a distance and it was disappointing when I saw all the boats a whole lot closer.  I considered driving, catching the ferry to the San Juan's, taking a whale watch boat, taking the return ferry and found this can't be done in a day so won't do it.  Besides, I saw killer whales 4 times while in Antarctica and am somewhat satisfied.

IAH,

I do know the little Cactus place on Alki.

Great website.  Thanks.  I know they have bus service in West Seattle too.  I don't know how convenient it is.

Here are a couple more websites that Cali and others may find useful:

www.wsdot.wa.gov/ferries

www.clippervacations.com

I enjoy taking the Clipper over to Victoria.  One can do day trips easily during the travel season, giving you about 8 hours of enjoyment in Victoria, if one just wants to do a day trip.  Off season there are less daily journeys.  The trip takes about 2.5 hours each way.  There is a full service Marriott in Victoria that I would like to try.  We got a stellar deal at the Empress Hotel once and enjoyed our stay there.  It depends on time of year.

I just submitted my review of the Victoria Marriott yesterday.  Highly recommend it.

We've also done the Black Ball Ferry Line. from Victoria to Port Angeles.

seattlite Platinum

the Victoria Marriott is great!  We stayed there a couple summers ago for two nights over July 1st weekend (Canada Day!) and what a quaint destination indeed.  Characteristic furnishings and an easy walk to the harbor or around town.

And how could I forget another of the wonderful Tom Douglas spots to eat, Lola's.  Very very good Mediterranean food and appetizers.  Mr. Douglas is a highly regarded Chef in the northwest with around eight or so different styles of dining and regions to enjoy, from Serious Pie, a pizza spot with brussel sprout pizza (darn good too) to Dahlia, some great seafood at Seatown as well as a couple of new spots on the south end of Lake Union.  Yes, Seattle has some outstanding places to dine and enjoy excellent wine from the Washington and Oregon winery's.  I could go on and on with places we've found in the entire area, from downtown to Queen Anne to Woodinville, to Snoqualmie Falls and even Mukilteo.  All is great and don't forget to take the Boeing factory tour in Everett right down the street from Mukelteo.

These tips will really help.

I did Boeing last trip and really enjoyed it.  I also did Snoqualmine Falls.

From Seattle I will be driving to Portland and intend to do stop at MT St. Helens on way and the next day drive to see the Columbia River Gorge.  Any comments on these?

My wife grew up in the Portland area, but we haven't been to Mt. St. Helens......totally recommend going up to Mt. Hood and Timberline Lodge for a drink.  Amazing we were there over Memorial Day 2011 and it snowed around 9" the night before we went up the mountain.

S3600056.JPG

The Columbia River Gorge is great drive as long as you aren't driving.  On I-84, make sure to stop at Multnomah Falls is a Must | Oregon, a must see.

I don't have anything to offer, except that the Columbia river gorge is both beautiful and fascinating.  Glad to know about Multnomah Falls (thanks IAHFLYR).   How far east are you headed, Cal?  It's a ways away, but have you ever been to the Grand Coulee dam?  It's another fascinating area geographically, and the visitor center provides a lot of information regarding the ice age, and the ice flows that formed the Columbia river gorge and eastern Washington geography.  It's all pretty neat to think about how it all came to be, as you're driving through it.

Columbia River to Grand Coulee Map.gif

Just checked and it is too far for this trip.  This seems to happen.  My trip is still months away and I am finding so much to do that I may have to return.

NathalieF This thread is an example of a wealth of information that should be organized for others to find.  I would suggest adding  "Things to do" in a city or place.

I well understand, Cal.  One more bit of info to file away for Grand Coulee Dam.  At dusk, they start a water flow over the dam spillway, which is very wide (in fact, I think it may be the largest dam in the U.S.?).  It starts as a trickle, then builds and builds to a full flow across the entire dam.  Then they do a laser light show with narration on the waterfall (the waterfall is the screen, if you will), which illustrates American history.  After the show, the water subsides.  I think this may only be done during the summer months.  You'll have to check the website.  Anyway, it's kinda neat.

Message was edited by: pluto77

In the Market I had an amazing breakfast at Cafe Campagne.  And Cutters Crabhouse - Market Fresh Seafood in Seattle, WA was so good I had to go back.  Wasn't a big fan of Ivar's.

seattlite Platinum

As a Seattle resident, I no longer have reason to stay at the Marriott Waterfront, but I'd highly recommend it.  Here's why:

1) Folks at the Waterfront granted me a junior suite corner room and plenty of extra amenity goodies on two different occasions staying over weekends before moving to the Emerald City. 

2) great location

3) ability to get street parking on nights and weekends on the cheap (even free depending on the day, etc.) vs $40 for valet

4) only ate at the restaurant after moving to Seattle, but can tell you some of their food creations are definitely worth trying.  try some fresh seafood inspirations from the black board

check it out if you're in Seattle

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...