4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 11, 2008 9:02 AM by judymac RSS

Killcorney and Irish Dance

cholly Silver
Currently Being Moderated

What a marvelous little town!  If  in Ireland during the last Sunday in May, you should head over here to see some of the best displays of Irish dancing, traditional Irish music, and local talent in what is known as a Traditional Feis--the oldest in Ireland.

Our daughter is an Irish dancer so she enjoyed the opportunity to dance in Ireland in a low-key competition.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Killcorney and Irish Dance
    live2travel Platinum
    I have a 5 and 7 year old. Will they be bored to tears if we take them to Ireland for vacation next summer? Any resorts with pools you recommend? Thx

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

irishwee Gold
    Ohhhhh take the kids...they will have a ball!  There is loads to do.  If you go to Dublin they have a "Dublin Duck" which is based on the vikings where the kids do a tour of Dublin (and you can too) and get to yell like invading vikings and learn a wee bit too (as Dublin's original meaning was a Norse name Dubliva and was a norse captive port for many years in ancient times!)  There are lots of adult things in Dublin (pubs and stuff) but equally as many things for the kids.  The National Aquatic Center is a huge pool north of Dublin.  Horseriding in the country - there are some open farms where they can milk cows, dig peat and feed baby sheep.  Lots of scenery.  As for theme parks, that is not a big thing in Ireland.  But when you get to kiss the Blarney Stone, see ancient stuff and experience a very different culture, my experience is that kids just love the simple stuff that they get in Ireland.  Let me know where you are thinking of going and will point you in the right direction!

thomaslynch Gold
    Leave them the hell home with my 13, 11 and 6 year old and take me and my wife we'll go and even pick up a few bar tabs!!!!  <smile>  Can't beleive they won't like it?  However mine are picky for the weirdest reasons?  Take them somewhere great - it's BORING, Sit in a tent during a rainstorm playing Texas hold'em freezeing in a sleeping back.....greatest time in the world?  Go figure?

judymac Gold
    hello, kids will not be bored in ireland...children go to the beach rain or shine and either play on the beach or swim...additionally kids love the castles that are around and the medieval nights that they put on...they can also do the touristy things like folk parks and cinemas and things like that... a lot of irish kids would be involved in summer camps particularly sports...you might think about involving them in a camp for a few days...they'd meet locals kids and have fun too!!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...