2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 25, 2013 8:27 PM by jerrycoin RSS

Fairfield, Iowa, #7 in Smithsonian Poll!

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

NUHusker,

You must be very proud to be from Smithsonian Magazines pick of "The 7th Best Small in America to Visit"!  That's quite an honor!  Congratulations, and if you could post some photo's or tell us more about Fairfield, it would be great!

We will have to get together there and skip Burlington, Iowa on the next "Get together"!

Anyone know what #1 was?  Hint, it a famous historical town!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Burlington, Iowa, USA Fairfield Inn By Marriott Fairfield Inn & Suites Burlington
  • Re: Fairfield, Iowa, #7 in Smithsonian Poll!
    nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

jerrycoin, I don't know anything about the smithsonian article.  I live in Fairfield simply because my office is located there, and other than living a a minute and a half drive from work, I wouldn't stay here.  The Maharishi International U. is located in Fairfield (they bought a bankrupt small college back in the early 70's) and consequently Fairfield is very different (at least for my very conservative way of thinking and living).  But, I've found that as long as I mind my own business, the people who practice transcendental meditation associated with the Maharishi do the same, most of the time.  I'll be retiring in about a year or so and will definitely relocate.  But many people find FAirfield interesting.  p.s.  I don't eat Indian food and there's plenty of it here.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Fairfield, Iowa, #7 in Smithsonian Poll!
      jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

NU,

Wow!

What is the Smithsonian up to?

Who would have ever imagined this "Environment" in the Mid-West.  Sad!

We have plenty of homes for you in the St. Louis Market!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...