9 Replies Latest reply: Apr 2, 2013 4:19 PM by tker RSS

Travel Package question for experts...

fannimj Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Can someone explain how members receive the 50% bonus points on US Airways for Marriott Rewards transfer for travel packages?

I called USAirways, who told me to call Marriott Rewards, who then told me to call USAirways, around and around 3 times.

I read on a previous blog how members were able to get 150,000 airline points while only transferring 100,000 due to USAirways bonus points

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Travel Package question for experts...
    tker Alumni Steward Platinum 1 Reviews

Sure. Its a promo offered by US Airways about once a year. Usually in the Spring. I am looking for it April or May. (Though no guarantee.) They didn't offer it this month. The promotion is NOT Marriott specific. Its a hotel transfer promotion. The US Airways DM account receives 50% for miles than they would have during a normal transfer. The 50% bonus posts after the month is over. The base transfer processes in the normal time frame. Usually one transaction only receives the bonus.

No one at Marriott will know about this-even when its happening. US won't know either until its being advertised. I had said I would alert this forum when I see it coming, but have not yet.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

You did say you would alert us and I am waiting if it does happen.

ITS BACK  50% bonus for transfers to US Airways from hotel programs. (April 2013) Read the fine print.

US Airways | Convert your hotel points to Dividend Miles

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

tker,

Thanks for the update on this.  I looked at it, and it seems like a pretty good deal.  Especially with the depreciation in value of Marriott Points.  Myabe a way to get more for the points we've worked hard to collect.

fannimj Gold

Thanks for the information. I look forward to a post alerting us that the promotion is renewed. Happy Travels!

lizbeth Platinum

I am not finding the five night packages any more, nor can I find airline miles only (yes, I know that they aren't a good deal, but wondered if they are gone).  Am I looking in the wrong place?  Or is this just another case of reducing the number of available rewards?

Here is the link direct to miles: Terrible deal IMHO. https://www.marriott.com/rewards/usepoints/morerew.mi

The 5 night TP's are available to MVCI owners. The chart is down as its being revamped to add Category 9. (This is being reported on FT and TUG.) However, people are ordering them on the phone without difficulty. Below is the 5 night chart applicable to US Airways.

5 Hotel Nights 50K Miles..70K Miles..100K Miles..120K Miles
      Category 1-5....165,000....185,000.....215,000....235,000
      Category 6......180,000....200,000.....230,000....250,000
      Category 7......200,000....220,000.....250,000....270,000
      Category 8......230,000....250,000.....280,000....300,000

lizbeth Platinum

Thanks a million.  You are a huge help.  Thought I knew my way around, but I am a plebian in the presence of a patrician.

Now I need a dictionary to look up those big words!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...