2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 26, 2013 10:00 AM by missgee RSS

Rewards Certificates - Expiration vs Date of Stay

missgee Silver 40 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I have tried to find an answer to this question on both the Insiders site, as well as the Marriott Rewards page, without success so I'm hoping an Insider can help me out.

If you have a Rewards Certificate with an upcoming expiry date, can you use it to book a stay after the expiry date or does the stay have to be completed before the certificate expires?  For example, if my certificate expires May 13, 2013 can I use it before the expiry date for a stay to take place on June 2, 2013?

Thank you

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Rewards Certificates - Expiration vs Date of Stay
    vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

missgee,

Your stay would have to take place by the expiration date of the certificate.  You may try contacting Marriott Rewards customer service and see if you can possibly get an extension.  Last year I need an extension for the Credit Card certificate I had earned and a Marriott Rewards agent contacted Chase and I got an email a couple of days later stating that my certificate date had been extended.

Good Luck!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...