3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 23, 2013 8:51 PM by pingreeman RSS

Points value explained (sort of)?

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

This analysis might have been mentioned before but I just found it.

Comments?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Points value explained (sort of)?
    erc Platinum

Holy cow! We have a term for this type of mathematical mumble jumble (and in a way it's related to a cow). What a Rube Goldberg 'round the elbow to get to the thumb analysis'. I'll stick with our penny per point rule of thumb, thank you. My advice to potential readers; stop at the "for impatient readers .0088 per point". Key assumptions which understandably must be loose (because, data unknown) and perhaps wrong (25% point saver usage, seems high to me), along with outdated hotel rates leads his last statement of the article to be the most valuable, "However, as with all such complex analyses, you should take into account your own likely usage patterns, and adjust the value of our estimate appropriately".

Anadyr, you're the man when it comes to research and recon, but this one goes on your permanent record. I'd rather use my time digging thru the Marriott Matrix finding pricing gems like the Dulles Marriott $67 weekend rates, Chicago SpringHill $90 Thanksgiving week, or January 5th New York bargains (including the brand new SpringHill at $151, Marquis @$181 - now if I can snag some Lucky Guy tickets, I'm set) than trying to wrap my brains around this guy's apparent need to write something for the blog. And as far as travel packages, the best I've ever read was tef6178's recent write up.

I'm heading off for a dining and comedy sketch extravaganza this weekend and Kinky Boots (shame on you, I mean the play) next weekend, so I'm not available for comment - when you respond, "fine, but how do you really feel, erc?" ha!

Keep on keepin' on. It's all good, you Time Traveler, you.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

ERC, I try my best to entertain everyone.

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

That is a very old analysis as it still mentions converting points to American Airline miles - 2011 numbers at best?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...