2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 22, 2013 10:56 PM by tker RSS

take me out to the ballgame

cord0090 Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Baseball is such a peaceful game. Its never rushed by a clock. It's painfully slow or even boring to those who don't understand it subtleties.

Every trip to the ballpark is a new experience. The players on the field are the reason everyone comes but its the enjoyment of the company you keep that makes them stay. I always meet new and interesting people, hear new stories, and make new friends. I can't wait until my next game where I can talk baseball with old friends. Have discussions that can never be resolved like who was the better player or making phantom trades.

I have a beer or two, eat way too much and fell like the world is mine. It's an almost undescribable feeling.

I always find myself surprised once the 7th inning strech rolls around too soon. I find myself cheering for more time with friends and family. C'mon one more pitching change... Take a few more pitches... Let the visting team tie the game... Like the song says "I don't care if I never get back". Here is hoping for extra innings.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: take me out to the ballgame
    tomd68 Gold 7 Reviews

I too enjoy the leisurely pace of the game.  Going to a game is about more than just baseball though, at least for me.  It's also the experience, the crackerjacks, the crowd, the still-warm air when you leave a park in the summer, etc.  This article doesn't understand that:  Major League Baseball: Why Games Need to Be Shortened and How It Can Be Done | Bleacher Report

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: take me out to the ballgame
    tker Alumni Steward Platinum 1 Reviews

Last September (2012), my wife was out of town for work for several days. My son and I had an awesome sports week.

Sunday night I took him to the Ravens/Patriots Game. Ravens won a wild game. (Replacement Refs)

Tuesday (I think Tuesday) We went to a rare single gate double header at Oriole Park. He had never been to a DH. They used to schedule one or two a year when I was growing up. Now they are generally two gates-they are due to rain outs and make every one leave after the first game. Not this time! We got to see both games. The weather was perfect. Great seats. Great vibe in the stands. Started in the afternoon and finished in the evening. The Orioles were in a postseason race for the first time in 15 years. The time flew! I won't forget it. It was great baseball. We split games, but had a great time.

Thursday night we went to the Ravens/Browns Game. Ravens won. (First game back with Regular Refs. The previous Monday was the Packer/Seahawk debacle.)

What a week! I doubt it will be repeated.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...