7 Replies Latest reply: Mar 24, 2013 12:18 PM by pclub RSS

Transportion from Venice Marco Polo Airport to Venezia Boscolo

pclub Member
Currently Being Moderated

Hi we will be spending 3 days at the Venezia Boscolo next month and need transportation from the airport to the hotel. I read somewhere that there is a shuttle to Boscolo?

Also, if anyone has any suggestions of where to eat, and what sights are best, that would be great!

Thanks

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Transportion from Venice Marco Polo Airport to Venezia Boscolo
    sg1974 Gold

link to a previous discussion on this topic: http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/message/50537#50537

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

pclub,

We took the alilaguna boat from the airport to the island (Venice).  This is the only way I would do it, but that's just me.  Venice is a water city, so why not approach it via water?  It's only 15€ and takes about 45 minutes.

The stop for the Boscolo is the first stop, Madonna dell Orto.  From the Madonna dell Orto dock, you just head away from the water, always keeping right.  (if you see a lane to the right, take it.)  Eventually, you'll end up right on a canal right next to the Madonna dell Orto church.  Turn right and walk along the canal about 40 paces.  You'll see the Boscolo's front door.  The walk from the dock to the Boscolo isn't much more than 5 minutes, and the great news is it's all flat.  No canal bridges or stairs to navigate with luggage.

The alilaguna doc is right next to the airport.  I posted about this previously.  I'll find the link to the discussion and post it, along with a link to a photo album.  If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.  Btw, what time does your flight arrive?  The alilaguna boats from the airport run from about 8am to 10pm.  You can also take a water taxi.  They are smaller and faster, but much more expensive (about 100€).

pclub,

Here's some more stuff:

Venice

Busses - From the airport, City Bus number 5 takes you to Venice, number 15 to Mestre. An inexpensive option, but you probably don't want to use it when you have a lot of luggage. Like most local buses in Italy, buy a ticket at a tabacchi (tobacco store) or newsstand. There is one at the airport.

For Vaporetto information - www.actv.it | Actv - impresa e territorio, il valore dei fatti

For the Alilaguna boats to/from Marco Polo Airport and Venice - www.alilaguna.it/?lang=en

Tips for taking a gondola ride - Venice Gondola Rides - What to Know about Gondolas in Venice Italy

The alilaguna website above is good, it explains a lot.  So does the vaporetto website.  You will probably want to take the vaporetto to Murano, and possibly to get around Venice (the passes are the best deal), but the Boscolo has it's own private water taxi, which you may want to inquire about with the hotel concierge.  I think it's free.  You can purchase your alilaguna tickets either inside the airport or else at a booth at the dock.

Boscolo link:

http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/photoAlbums/1080#1505

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

the express bus has a luggage compartment under local does not

That's good info.  Also, when one uses the bus, one still has to transfer to a vaporetto.  Vap ticket is 7€ one way (we walked everywhere in Venice except to Murano and back) or else get a multi-day pass.  Vaporetto is another 20-30 min. ride from the bus station to Orto (with all of the stops).  If one doesn't use the Orto stop, then one must navigate canal bridges on foot.  Not good with luggage.  I'm speaking specifically to a stay at the Boscolo Venezia.

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

I took the bus from airport to train station( non stop) which is right on grand canal. it was 5 euro  don't know where this hotel was but ours was right up canal from train/ bus station

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...