5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 21, 2009 11:51 PM by restmyheadl RSS

Marriott Reward Levels

bostonbob Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Am I the only one that is unhappy that Marriott gives no credit for stays beyod 75 Nights. How about getting Executive Platinum for 100 nights and Executive Platinum Plus for 125 nights. Right now I begin staying in a Hilton when I hit 75 nights.

Has anyone ever heard Platinum Premium that Marriott gives to its top 3% of its customers. I was one for 2 years and it is great. The only problem is that Marriott does not tell you how to achieve it and no one at Marriott knows anything about it. Remember the movie where the Fraternity was put on double secret probation that is what Platinum Premium is like.

Should we all write to Bill Marriott

• Re: Marriott Reward Levels
    hartless100 Platinum
    Go Bob.  I usually top out around 100.  I have also heard that they have other levels of Platnum, but like you said there is no official info.  I recently hit 500 nights which seems to impress Marriott people on the phone.  It just emphasizes how much time I spend away from home.  That doesn't even count the 50 nights a year I spend in other hotels when the Marriotts are all sold out.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

consultant Gold
    You are correct, at one time there were about a half dozen different Platinum categories.  The highest level is "owners", ie timeshare owners, there was also Premier, which was very nice for auto upgrades, etc. and some others.  They aren't publicized, and I believe they vary how/when you get it year over year.  It's a nice bonus when you have it, but always disappointing when you don't.  A double-edged sword for both parties.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

puttinwedge Gold

I just attained Platinum status this year, and I am wondering why you would stop staying with Marriott at that point.  That is when you get the arrival gifts.  Does Hilton or anyone else have upper tiers as I typically do not stay at Hilton as it takes forever to build up points with them?  Also, at what point do you get upgraded to suites once you are platinum, is it a certain # of stays after that.  I've already had 10 stays this year and not received an upgrade!

makkberger Platinum 1 Reviews

Maybe its too complicated to provide more than 3 official levels in the Rewards Program.

My only complaint is that Platinum status only increases your point accrual bonus by 5%.  I'd like to see double points like most airlines offer.

restmyheadl Platinum
    How do you find out about the reward level for Timeshare owners?  I own 5 and not sure I have been recognized for that.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...