This discussion is locked
8 Replies Latest reply: Apr 1, 2013 11:43 AM by californian RSS

Responding to Property Reviews?

curiousone Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Am I missing something? Every property reveiw that I read does not have any kind of reply button, that I can find. Are we supposed to be able to respond to property reviews?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Responding to Property Reviews?
    shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

curiousone.

I believe Marriott has installed a tracking device that can tell whether you will be adding something positive or negative to the post.  If the device detects negative vibes, the reply button simply disappears...... 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

I think the intention is that Marriott wants to make it easier for those people who are looking to read actual reviews on the site will not have to sort through a long list of comments trying to find the next review.  If you go to Tripadvisor's website you only see the actual reviews or the hotel manager's response to those reviews.  If you really have something relevant to say about the property then add a new review.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

curiosone,

The main problem I am having posting "Property Reviews" is in posting pictures.

The pictures are not getting posted, so I have to just leave them off the review.

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Greetings curiousone and shoeman1000, none of the hotel reviews (positive and negative) have a reply button and as vaboywnder says...

I think the intention is that Marriott wants to make it easier for those people who are looking to read actual reviews on the site will not have to sort through a long list of comments trying to find the next review. 

Jerrycoin, along with your hotel reviews, you can upload up to 5 photos - but please make sure each photo is less than 2mb in size.

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

If my pictures are too large, it should tell me.  It just did nothing.

When adding the reviews to our site, I would prefer that it came under the hotel name as opposed to a comment.  If there is a hotel that I know I will never stay at, the review is one that I would not read.  I can't read everything, so I look for posts that are relevant to me.  There are so many new threads and I am now just skipping over most.  I may be skipping some that I would be interested in reading.

For example: I reviewed the SHS in Fairbanks and my comment was "good location'.  If a person has no intention of going to Fairbanks, they would probably not read it.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...