5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 31, 2014 11:49 AM by californian RSS

Maldives?

stillontheroad Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Has anyone heard any updates about the JW resort in the Maldives that has been on again off again for the past several years?  Is it on again or is it off again?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Maldives?
    wally3433 Platinum 2 Reviews

Same question for Fiji....is that one just dead in the water?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

We are still planning to open those hotels but they are delayed. At this time we do not have estimate on the opening date.

pinder5711 Gold

Any updates on this? Are there any definitive answers as to if there is going to be a Marriott in the Maldives or Fiji anytime soon?

Thanks.

wally3433 Platinum 2 Reviews

Community Manager:  If there is a "Plan" for these hotels, what is the "planned date".  You can't have a plan without dates, otherwise, it's a "wish".  Or, please just give us some specifics as to what is going on.  Are they tied up in local government restrictions, did the investors go bankrupt.  Please give us anything - heck, you could make up a story and I would believe it at this point.

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

I had been following the Fiji one many years ago.  I had actually redeemed points tor a stay there when they were supposed to open.  Some of my friends were on the island and told me that construction had already started.  From what I had been told there was a lot of political discontent. They also had a hard time getting supplies for Australia when there were violent demonstrations.  From what I was told years ago, Marriott stopped building and was not going to open there.  Off and on, I hear that it may be back on track.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...