5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 28, 2009 9:21 PM by jerrycoin RSS

San Francisco Hidden Gems

jimmyd Silver
Currently Being Moderated

I am taking a weekend trip to San Francisco in early April. Does anybody have some hidden gems in the city by the Bay?

• Re: San Francisco Hidden Gems
    ddschur Member

If you want a very historic and, clearly, old time San Francisco restaurant...you MUST try the Tadich Grill.

It has been around for ages and is quintessential (?) San Francisco.

Food is definitely good...not great.

The experience, in my view, is worth it!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

joshuam Platinum

Jimmy,

I just returned from a long weekend in San Fran the last week of January.  I would recommend Fior D'Italia if you like Italian Food.  It's walking distance from the full service Marriott (Fisherman's Wharf).  They claim to be the oldest Italian restaurant in the U.S.  The decor is beautiful and the food was excellent.  Some what pricy, but worth.  Here's the website:  http://www.fior.com/<</a>/p>

If you haven't been to San Fran before, I would highly recommend visiting Muir Woods to see the Redwood trees.  They are awesome.  Also, Alcatraz was quite an experience.  My wife and I did the night trip, but the shorter day trip would probably have been better.  There was construction as the Marriott Fisherman's Wharf on our floor when we visited.  No big deal as the rooms were being refurbished.  Hope you have a good time. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Thanks so much for sharing the experiences!

The Marriott Fisherman's Wharf is a great place to stay, especially for first timers!

There is so much to do in the area near the hotel.  

transitionman Gold
    2 places that are off the beaten path but very San Francisco, are in the Lower Haight.  Toronado which is a beer bar and a bit of a dive but right next door is Rosamunde Sausage Grill.  Some tasty sausage to go with some cold beer!

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Took you advice and it was great!

Thanks for introducing us!  The freshest food from the oldest Italian Rest.!

Great stop. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...