6 Replies Latest reply: Mar 22, 2013 2:14 PM by anadyr RSS

Showing Gratitude to an Associate?

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Here's a twist on the subject of kindness, my previous post:  Have you ever done something for a Marriott associate that showed your gratitude for something they did to assist you, or something that you could give them that you knew they would appreciate? I know we all tip sometimes but was there ever a time when you went over and above the mere passing of a few bills to them?

During one of those legendary DC snow and  ice storms I willingly gave a Marriott hotel concierge a ride home even though she did not ask me. I saw that she was fretting leaving her aged mother home alone for a night and fearful that the power might go out.  She'd been offered a room by management to overnight at the hotel. but I could see that the worries of family were foremost in her mind.  Driving back after dropping her off I was also afraid that I'd never get back safely but I was happy to have helped her get to her destination.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Showing Gratitude to an Associate?
    vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

anadyr,

What a nice gesture!  So many travelers in that situation would put their own needs first and not given second thought to helping a hotel employee.

Great Story!  Thanks for sharing!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Showing Gratitude to an Associate?
    kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

anadyr,

That's a great thing you did! 

For their help in planning my upcoming trip, I plan on bringing gifts from Hawaii to the folks at the Grand Flora Rome and Renaissance La Defense.  Doesn't beat the ride home, but I hope it'll be a nice token of gratitude! 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...