3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 11, 2013 8:49 AM by laurac RSS

Truly Outstanding Elite Telephone Customer Service

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Most of the time when I have need to contact Marriott Customer Service or Elite Reservations, I am met with good customer service.  Today however, I encountered truly outstanding customer service on the Gold Reservation Line when I had the good fortune to be connected with Crystal P. in the Ontario, Canada call center.  I had previously made an online reservation for a popular hotel property for a peak travel season date, and I needed to change the reservation from a full paid stay to a partial cash, partial points stay, where the points were coming out of two different Marriott Rewards accounts.  I was nervous about changing the reservation as I was afraid I might lose the good rate that I had found.  When I was connected with an associate, Crystal P. immediately greeted me by my title and name (a first for me), clearly understood my request and went right to work in performing the appropriate surgery on the reservation in order to split it into two reservations on points from separate accounts while retaining the currently booked cash rate.  She was concise, conveyed confidence and was the voice of outstanding poise, professionalism and politeness.  She got the job done efficiently, sent me the confirmation emails and waited while I received them, and explained clearly and concisely what my co-traveler needed to do to approve the points being taken from their account to complete that half of the reservation.  Her customer service skills are truly exemplary.

My encounter with Crystal P. was a most pleasant experience.  I hope all Marriott Rewards members will enjoy this caliber of professionalism and customer service, and I would like to nominate Crystal for Marriott's Spirit to Serve award.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Vienna, Austria Renaissance Hotels Imperial Riding School Renaissance Vienna Hotel
  • Re: Truly Outstanding Elite Telephone Customer Service
    californian Platinum 37 Reviews

I like to hear good things like this.  It is a break from all the bad stuff that has been happening.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

erc Platinum

O' Canada. I love it when it all comes together. Congratulations, you deserve it.  Hats off to Crystal P

There are several extremely competent service reps like Crystal manning the phones for Marriott and it's such a pleasure to work with them. That's why if I sense any ambiguity, competence issues, or 'attitude' , I simply act like I have another phone call, politely inform the rep I've got to go, and dial again. Even with the redial, it's a quicker solution and twice as effective.

laurac Marriott Associate

Greetings, pluto77, On behalf of Marriott associates around the world, we take pride in providing exceptional service for each and every guest and we appreciate you taking the time to nominate this Marriott associate for this important award. We’ll enter this nomination for consideration of the Spirit to Serve award.

Best,

Laura & The Marriott Rewards Insiders Team

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...