5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 7, 2013 9:23 AM by howieg RSS

Marriott should use "push" email like Priority Club does for Freddie Awards.

howieg Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I received an email from the Priority Club asking me to vote for it as the best hotel program, and sent a link to have me vote for it as well.  Rather than voting for the Priority Club, in which I've been a Royal Ambassador in years past, in which I've spent nearly 1000 paid nights over the last 12 or so years, I went directly to the Freddie Awards site, below, and voted for the Marriott #1 in all hotel categories, and didn't vote for Priority Club in anything.  Ironically, I originally returned to this site to post this suggestion when I saw at the bottom of the Insider's site a link for the Freddie Awards.  Marriott can reach 100% of its members with a "push" email, whereas, I suspect only a very tiny percentage of its Rewards members will ever post on this site to see the link regarding the Freddie Awards.

http://www.freddieawards.com/

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott should use "push" email like Priority Club does for Freddie Awards.
    7 Platinum 1 Reviews

I've already deleted it, but I'm 99% sure that within the past month or two I did get an email from Marriott asking me to vote for them in the Freddie Awards. I remember because I had never heard of those awards before.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott should use "push" email like Priority Club does for Freddie Awards.
    erc Platinum

As most of us already know, The Freddie Awards were inspired by the customer relations behavior of Sir Freddie Laker as it relates to frequent traveler programs. Whereas I do feel Marriott remains the preeminent provider of lodging services, with superb on-site customer relations, I cannot convince myself that their rewards program, in the recent months, even approaches the hotel level of service. 

richard37075 Platinum

Here is my pushed email that I received on February 25.

2013 Freddie Awards. VOTE MARRIOTT REWARDS.

Your Vote Would Be Our Reward

The Freddie Awards are the highest honor for frequent travel programs - and thanks to you, they've named Marriott Rewards® Program of the Year for 5 years. We hope you'll make it 6.

Your vote would say you're enjoying more choices:
    New locations - addition of 150 hotels and 25,000 rooms, across 14 distinctive brands … including our latest addition, spectacular Gaylord Hotels®
    New Elite benefits like Rollover nights and Lifetime status
    New ways to save points, like Cash + Points and Seasonal Awards
    New ways to use points, from concert tickets to music downloads and top-brand merchandise

Most of all, your vote would tell us we're pleasing the most important person: You. Voting is open until March 31.
    Please choose Marriott Rewards for Program of the Year
    Freddie Awards
    Terms Of Use ::Privacy Policy ::Guest Services ::Email Preferences

To unsubscribe: Select "Promotions, News and Account" on our unsubscribe page.

If you unsubscribe from Marriott promotional email, we will continue to send only transactional messages such as reservation confirmation emails.

You can also unsubscribe by writing to:
    Marriott Rewards
    310 Bearcat Drive Salt Lake City, UT 84115-2544 USA     

©2013 Marriott International, Inc.

howieg Platinum

Never saw this one in my inbox, but, am not surprised.  I have AOL email which filters so much mail I cannot even get mail from my family, at times.  Glad to know that Marriott has used "push" mail.

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

In all honesty, and strictly speaking on behalf of myself, I have absolutely zero belief in what the 'Freddies' claim to represent about what and who and where is the best. This award, like so many others, is nothing more than a personality contest that shows what entity was able to 'get out the votes' best. It has nothing to do with what the award was originally good intentioned to be.

I'll just keep sticking to my own personal 'Tommy' awards that tells me in my own mind who, what and where I believe I get the best value for my buck.....from price to service to awards program value.

And the award goes to.........

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...