1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 7, 2013 2:32 PM by pluto77 RSS

Traveling with another Marriott Rewards Member

jrapone Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Has anyone traveled with another rewards member? I will be going on a trip in the near future and will be staying with another rewards member under one reservation. Together, we have enough points to stay for the duration of our trip. Is there any way to "split up" the nights of one reservation between our accounts (ie- pay for nights 1&2 wuth person A's rewards and nights 3&4 with person B's without switching to new room halfway through our stay)? Or will we have to book two seperate reservations of a few days each to cash in our points? I couldn't find any info about this online. Thanks for input!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Traveling with another Marriott Rewards Member
    pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

jrapone,

I just did it, only with a slight variation (we booked two rooms).  What I would recommend is that you make the reservation on points for the first two nights in your name and with your points and have the other traveler make the reservation on points for the last two nights in his/her name.  In each case, annotate that the reservation is in conjunction with the reservation made with the other (provide the details of date, name, etc.).  Then contact the elite reservation line and ask the service representative to combine the two reservations into one reservation for the purposes that the hotel understands that it is for one room, one stay by the pair of you on shared points.  In the vast majority of cases, when you check in to the hotel, if you explain this to the front desk team member, they will make sure that you have the one room for the duration.  The only time I have ever heard of it being an issue was when someone checked in in the middle of the night and the front desk clerk was brand new and inexperienced, and so went according to strict policy, not realizing that they had the leeway to combine the reservations into one room stay.  Hopefully you will get a competent customer service rep. when you call.  Most of the time they're really good, but occasionally not up to par.  If you get someone that you don't feel confident about their ability to process your request, excuse yourself and call back and try again.  Good luck and enjoy using those points!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...