Archived Content:

This content may no longer be relevant and is available for reference only. Visit Archive FAQs for more details.

8 Replies Latest reply: Mar 7, 2013 5:59 PM by anadyr RSS

Adverts sneaking in

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Just noticed that little hyperlinks advertising cheap i Phones and I-pads are appearing in some of the instructions for this site.

Anyone else see these?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Adverts sneaking in
    tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

I haven't seen any of these yet, or any advertising for that matter.  Are you seeing pop-ups or where are they showing up?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Any words that show in blue are ads for questionable non Marriott things.  Coupon central and the like.

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

I'm not sure what you're referring to? Would you be able to send me a screenshot or link to an example?

I'll see if I can--it happened yesterday for the first time

sounds like things cleared up with an updated browser so i'm going to archive this thread.

Please do and I'll let you know if the little devils come back.

anadyr's resolution:

In Firefox 19.0 beta there is a glitch that allows installation of an unstable add-on called Coupon Companion .088.44, some kind of html script bot that invades and then throws up spurious links to 49 dollar i Pads and such.  It is not recognized yet as a virus but the catchers, and no reference to it appears yet on the internet, but I spoke with Mozilla and they suggested a Firefox restart, which I have done, and it appears to be gone.

You can check it with taskmamanger and eliminate the generic .exe  program as well.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...