26 Replies Latest reply: Mar 6, 2013 6:13 PM by anadyr RSS

Benefits of others chains

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Fairmont hotels, a boutique brand just published their 2013 benefit list

Here it is

Notice the suite upgrades and other perks.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Benefits of others chains
    jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

Maybe Marriott Management needs to take notice!!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

erc Platinum

Aah Jasper, I feel your pain. Perhaps a career with the terrific company ExxonMobil (my Dad retired 20 years ago after 30 years; my mother still has better insurance than I) spoiled you and set you up for being hosed by Marriott. This reminds me of the scene in one of my favorite movies, Animal House (no Jean-Luc Godard for me) where Eric Stratton/Otter tells Kent Dorfman/Flounder after the Delta boys wrecked Flounder's brother's car, "You messed up, you trusted us! Hey, make the best of it". (can't use the YouTube, Eric didn't actually say messed).

My reminder to you is - I've seen your youtubes and read your write ups - great stuff, terrific info and of course, wonderful family. I'm sure you still have a lot more great trips ahead of you (granted, costlier than before the big Marriott devaluation). As perhaps the site's only Time Traveler, your input is not only quantity but quality, so hang in there, we need you and enjoy the wonders; it's a great day to be alive!

Hey! I am almost a time traveler so Jasper needs to check that rearview mirror.  Of course when I make TT I will be as humble as I am now.

Farimont us a very expensive, luxury brand that competes in the Four Seasons bracket in many places and serves a limited clientele, me included. The President's Club is a special one and the front desk people actually acknowledge your status before giving you exceptional upgrades!  What a concept!!

kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

Wow, those are great benefits!  The elite qualification requirements are too crazy either...

you mean not too crazy I hope?  They are based in Toronto and their hotels are excellent everywhere, especially the one in Banff Alberta.

Oops, yes not too crazy!  haha 

I often forget to type with care, as you've noticed.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

anadyr,

Will have to look up what cities Fairmont's are in!

Only remember staying at one, in New Orleans, and it was very nice!

Thanks for the information!

Looks like they're in a lot of major cities and continuing to grow!  They have a couple properties in Hawaii that always score very well... but I'd love to visit one of their properties in Canada... especially those in Banff!

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

I stayed at the Fairmonts in the Canadian Rockies and they were very nice.  It was suggested that I join the Club program and I did.  This gave me free Internet but they only had it in the lobby areas.  The one on Lake Louise was my favorite however, I arranged for a sunrise call and didn't get it.  They had a really good sun rise that morning and I only had one night so I missed my chance.  Upon complaint, they offered to take care of my lunch cost.  While this was a nice gesture, I would have preferred that the mistake was not made.

The Fairmonts have an out source transportation service that takes one between the hotels and to/from Calgary airport, either directly or like on a tour where you get commentary and stops.  One can put your own tour together for a decent price depending on the strength of our dollar.

I have always had free Internet (Wireless N speeds) at Fairmont's but then I am not a basic President's Club member.  I find that a phone call is always answered immediately, no problem is unsolvable, and the rooms are exquisite.

Thanks for the excellent info Californian!  That's rather unfortunate that you missed the sunrise... I would have preferred that over the complimentary lunch as well, but at least they offered a nice gesture like that.   

You know, I do remember seeing a show on the Banff and Lake Louise a long time ago on A&E, and ever since then, I've wanted to visit both properties.  Of course your information only strengthens that desire! 

I went in August and did not have good weather.  I had a fair amount of rain and it was cool to cold the whole time.  The locals told me that they only had 2 weeks of summer that year.  If you do go, I would not know what suggest as far as a time.  You may consider doing this along with Alaska.

Wow, that's a bummer!  I'd consider winter too, given the difficulty in predicting summer weather!  Thanks again for the great info!   

When I did it, I went to The Marriott in Calgary for the first nt (used free cc nt) and then Lake Louise (1 nt), Jasper (2 nts) and Banff (2 nts).  It was just right.  While in Jasper, I went out of my bungalow to head for breakfast and a herd of Elk were outside.  A while later, security were chasing them away.  Neat experience.  I was able to walk on a glacier on the way there.

Looking at the cc offer, you can get 2 free nights for taking it out and spending $1000.  I may just do that and go back hoping to have better weather and see a sunrise.

Yes that would be nice.  The sunrise I mean. I attended a wedding at the Banff Fairmont and have seldom if ever been in a more welcoming envrionment, or more exquisite.  Dinner after the wedding was exceptional, or more than that, if that's possible. The staff were professional and very accomodating, as one would expect. Not a cheap stay but a memorable one.

I think that this thread is going to cost me money.

One trick with Fairmont is to book then call directly and see if there's a better deal, which I have done.  mention all affiliations, etc.  Sometimes that lowers the rates.

And they have great prices, sometimes.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Wonder if Fairmont would consider doing what some airlines are doing and match a competitors status? 

I really like the golf and golf club benefit, hate dragging my clubs and having an airline use up their last chance to disappoint a customer at baggage claim when you find out your clubs went to the east coast and you went to the west coast.

Nah, guess I may as well dream large as it doesn't cost anything!

It's worth asking!  But if not, you get Premier status just for having the credit card!  It's actually quite similar to the Marriott Premier, except you don't get bonus nights for spending so many $$. 

https://creditcards.chase.com//credit-cards/fairmont-credit-card.aspx?OCELL=682X

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Thanks for the information, I had not looked too deep into the program just on the surface.  But I will now!

You know, I hadn't either.  But after seeing this thread, it does look a lot more tempting!  Especially with the credit card and its benefits! 

Their system is very simple and rewarding too.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...