14 Replies Latest reply: Mar 7, 2013 3:13 AM by sg1974 RSS

Moxy Hotels

sg1974 Gold
Currently Being Moderated

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
London, England
  • Re: Moxy Hotels
    kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

I just saw an article about this too. 

Here's the website:  Moxy Hotels by Marriott | Create Your Escape

Sample images look good, but I'll reserve judgement for when Marriott releases more details.  Hopefully the brand fares better than AC.  In planning my trip for this coming fall, I saw mostly negative comments for the AC chain...

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

erc Platinum

kharada

I have seen the future, and it is you, my friend - the young, hip, experienced traveler. Enjoy, and since IKEA is Marriott's partner, be careful with the meatballs.

sg1974 Gold

erc Platinum

sg

I'm going to London in May and might eat at one of your faves, Gaucho in Piccadilly, should I avoid the cowboys and eat at Hawksmoor instead?

Just kidding, it must be snow giddiness.

erc,

LOL, thanks!  I don't know about the hip or experienced part... I aspire to be an experienced traveller!   

I was going to ask what's wrong with their meatballs, but thanks sg1974 for the article!  Fecal matter too?!  That's awful!  I'd rather have the horse meatballs...  On the other hand, they eat horse meat in Japan... and as sushi no less!  I was thinking of trying it, but I was too full from my omakase set! 

horse.jpg

newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews

newhiltonmember,

Didn't catch that article either!  The T&L wish list is pretty funny!

eb5147 Alumni Steward Platinum 7 Reviews

Well, it's better than the sleeping berths they rent in Japan for the night.  I don't see how anyone could complain about CY and stay there, though.

This is true!  But, to be fair, because of the changes at Courtyard, they now lag behind similar offerings by Hilton and Hyatt...

eb5147 Alumni Steward Platinum 7 Reviews

Will the Moxy's offer free breakfast?  I couldn't tell.  Maybe they don't even have CY in Europe.  I've never looked.

It kind of depends on what one has to work with.  Right now, we've got all of those e-cheques we have to get rid of before Oct. and then Dec.  I don't think I have many left that will expire in Oct., so I'll use most of those up next weekend in Mobile, AL at the Ren. Water View.

I doubt it

Then again, Marriott isn't really saying what they'll be offering at these properties.  It will be interesting to see what ultimately becomes of Moxy... Like I said, hopefully its better than AC Hotels! 

sg1974 Gold

Out of curiosity I see they have 45 courtyards throughout Europe.

More than I thought there were as there are only 2 in the UK.

https://www.marriott.co.uk/hotel-search/europe.hotels.courtyard/

howieg Platinum

I am assuming that this chain will not have any properties higher than category 4 or so, making redemptions a little easier on the account when travelling on redemptions.

If it's a budget hotel, one can only hope!  But I wouldn't hold your breath!! 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...