15 Replies Latest reply: Mar 5, 2013 6:06 PM by dejamo RSS

Email junk - 1,000 Bonus Points - Is this for real?

taxman415 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

?? - Is this spam or for real? - Did anyone get this email...

Good morning –
    Because you “follow” my activity within theInsiders community, you likely
    received a flurry of emails generated during ourrelease last night, and for
    that I would like to offer my sincerest apology.

I’m unfortunately not able to tell which Insiders “following”me actually
    received these emails, so because I did mess up and likely caused
    understandablefrustration, I’ll have customer care add 1000 points to your
    account. I realizethis won’t "clean up” your inbox, but I hope you’ll
    continue toparticipate, maybe even try out the new hotel reviews
    functionality =)

Safe travels - Andy

Continue
    the conversation by going
    to Marriott Rewards® Insiders

Not interested in these emails anymore or
    want to change how often they come? Update
    your Insiders email preferences

© 1996 - 2012 Marriott International, Inc. All rights reserved. Marriott
    proprietary information

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Email junk - 1,000 Bonus Points - Is this for real?
    jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

I think it is for real!!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Hi Taxman415 - I understand your skepticism but that is for real. As reported by nanaglo45, 3,000+ emails from Community Manager During Update, I'm extending those points to those that were following me as of yesterday as a gesture of good faith and commitment to you and the integrity of the community.

taxman415 Platinum

I only asked because the e-mail address looked strange and it hit my spam filter...

Thanks...

Scott

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

And we do appreciate that gesture of the points to make up for our troubles.  We know there are a few pitfalls, but to get the benefit of being able to review all the properties, I personally find the inconvenience worth it.

pluto77 Alumni Steward Platinum 25 Reviews

Tryt,

Well said.  The implementation of the comprehensive property ratings and reviews facility is worth the limited inconvenience.  Besides, I don't know about anyone else, but my email provider (Microsoft) has a handy 'sweep' button that allowed me to clean up the pile of emails in seconds, so in the end, no problem.

Points or no, those of us who know community manager are fortunate to be familiar with his always impeccable integrity and diligence towards the community.

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

I never even got the emails in question, and even Spam did not show them.  Lucky me?

Now if I could just convince that banker in Nigeria that I do not need his help!!!

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

It only happened if you were following the communitymanager and had turned on to receive emails.  Maybe you didn't have it set up that way?

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

I did follow the CM yes.  And I got the after the fact email. But never the other one.  Wonder what else my spam eater has digested? Nobel notifications, movie deals, Pulitzers?

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

taxman,

Yes, it is for real!

I got over 1100 emails on my computer and blackberry.

The difficult part is seperating these from the ones that are important.

Just got them cleaned-up.

pluto77 Alumni Steward Platinum 25 Reviews

Jerry,

I created a folder in my mailbox called 'Insiders' then created the following rule so that all email from MRI goes to the 'Insiders' folder:

Rule:  Move messages to Insiders if sender's address is "insiders-emails@marriott.com"

So it was pretty easy to clean up the excessive emails, which were all contained in that folder.  I have to stay on top of that folder anyway, since it grows pretty fast.  I used to try to keep some useful responses (emails) in that folder to have on hand when traveling, but I've since abandoned that idea.  I just bookmark stuff or else cut and paste the info into my own travel notes that I take with me when traveling.

Segments Platinum 4 Reviews

Thanks!   The points already posted to my account.

arubasand Platinum

me too 3000.on my phone,pc and ipad. When will the points e posted? Still working on deleting them!

dejamo Platinum

No extra points need be credited to my account..........................just to let you know that the onslaught of emails continues, so far 1585 received at 8:12 AM ,  822 at 4:22 PM............weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee   this is fun !

dejamo Platinum

Greetings to those of you fresh from your destinations email deleting marathon.

THANKS BE TO ALLAH  and  IN ALRENAISSANCE/ERC WE TRUST that 10 months ago, I changed my MRI discussons following notifications directly to my spam folder.

It was soooooooooooooo nice to be able to delete all 2007 with one click !

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...