5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 5, 2013 12:31 PM by tryt53 RSS

3,000+ emails from Community Manager During Update

nanaglo45 Gold 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Whew, because I have elected to receive email notifications whenever our community manager adds a new post (which normally doesn't amount to more than a couple of emails per day), tonight during the online maintenance I received 3,000+ emails as each Marriott property was added to the "Hotel Review" section. Deleting them from both my smartphone and PC was not exactly a bunch of fun, that's for sure. I'm sure there must be many more Insiders who also receive email notifications when Andy posts. I trust that this should be the only occasion that such an overwhelming situation should occur....at least I hope so!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: 3,000+ emails from Community Manager During Update
    tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

Me too.  What a way to take out my inbox NathalieF, hope they find a way to prevent that next time!  I have turned off all email from Marriott for a day or so.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Oh nanaglo45, tryt53, and others following my activity - I'm truly sorry for the email notifications generated during our release last night. While I'm not able to retract the messages, I will certainly make sure that doesn't happen again.

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

I know how upgrades can sometimes go, and how some unforeseen things like this can happen, so I don't shoot the one who's trying to help us.

For some of you who were looking for tips on how to delete these, if you are using google mail, you can at least select all the emails on a page (50 at a time) by selecting the box at the top of the web gmail browser and then rolling down quickly to see that they are all Marriott emails, and then hitting delete.  You can delete 50 at a time quickly this way.  If you get a few emails at the top of a page that you don't want to delete, I would recommend moving those into a temporary folder.  Then you can select all on each page for a while and then mass delete on each page again.

Other people may have tips using other mail clients that they want to add?

kroywen Gold 11 Reviews

Andy - I'm taking you off my "follow" list.     The time it took to delete these almost 4000 emails was just too infuriating!     Nothing you can possibly post in the future will be important enough to me to offset my lost time.    

dollard Alumni Steward Silver 11 Reviews

I almost followed the manager yesterday! Phew that was a close one!