5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 5, 2013 4:57 PM by anadyr RSS

What would you add to help you search hotels?

dollard Alumni Steward Silver 11 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

My family and I love to travel and try to do new locations as much as possible but the issue we always run into is having to find a location and then search for the hotels and prices then. I would love to see the ability to do the following and maybe some of these are there and I just don't know about them.

• Select dates and let a large number of hotels come to me (Then I can sort through these with options like price, pool, free breakfast)
  • Select dates and also allow me to pick place that have particular options like two bedroom hotel rooms (With two small children it is a headache to find larger rooms or two bedroom suites or condos with out going through every hotel individually.)
  • Allow me to search all of the vacation clubs by just a date and no specific country. I want the ability to scout around to all the locations and see rough prices for particulars times of the years and locations.
  • Maybe if we can't do this have an on-line Marriott travel agent I call and say I am looking for they amenities around this time of year and have them give me options.

I don't know if some other people would like those options but I personally would. I like to travel to new locations and not to the same one every year. I want options, I want the ability to say hey this hotel for some reason has a great price lets go and try it out.

Anyone else have thoughts or ideas how they do this.

thanks

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: What would you add to help you search hotels?
    Sledchick Platinum 9 Reviews

Hi Dollard-

I'm of the same mindset.  In my already busy up-coming summer schedule I found a few free days.  I'm a firm believer in the fact that travel will teach everyone something new and have tried to plan trips (family and otherwise) to expand our/my horizons.  So just this morning I was trying to figure out how to travel economically for a short summer jaunt to somewhere new.  I realized it was going to take more time than I had available to begin the research so I put it off until another day.  I don't mind this research, but it is quite comprehensive.  My leg-work, like yours, includes looking for a pool, free breakfast, etc.  It's almost a fantasy of mine to be able to go to one spot, key in the dates and requirements, then see where in our wonderful world I can find lodging and/or airfare at the same time sorted by price according to my criteria.  I'm a budget traveler (not by choice) so I'm always looking for good bang for the buck.  I spend tons of time getting information on various Marriott properties but sometimes there isn't a Marriott where I want to go.  I subscribe to Travelzoo and find a lot of interesting information/rates there but I need something with more search options.  I absolutely love Skyauction and have used them successfully for over a dozen years but it still doesn't come close to what you've described above.

-Sledchick

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

These are great suggestions. I would appreciate all of them coming to pass. In the past I was employed in an organization that was developing the SIRI App for the iPhone, I wish we had considered outside (non company) input to the process, we could have made it much better. Same goes for the ability to find a hotel.  User input is vital

jep2020 Gold 1 Reviews

Earlier there was an option to search a rout. It was very helpful. This was previously mentioned and there was some effort to add this back in to the search options.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...