2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 4, 2013 6:03 AM by jimaruba RSS

1st time visit to Paris in April 2013

jimaruba Gold 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Will be taking the train from London and have 3 nights booked using 40,000 points per night at Renaissance Paris Arc de Triomphe Hotel. Thoughts on choice of hotel (not too late to change) for ease of transport from train station and location to see the sights of Paris. We are gold elite so are upgrades available and concierge lounge access/free breakfast available?
Thanks for insights.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: 1st time visit to Paris in April 2013
    pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

Hi Jim,

Jerrycoin is the expert on Renaissance Paris Arc de Triomphe, so hopefully he'll weigh in on this property for you.  I have heard nothing but good things about it.  It is perfectly located, with the Charles de Gaulle Etoile metro station (at the L'Arc de Triomphe) a short block away, which can get you to most main attractions without even a transfer (which transfers are so easy, not worth mentioning, really).  I'm guessing that you will arrive Paris at Gare du Nord.  You can either take a taxi from Gare du Nord to your hotel for probably no more than 20 euros, or at Gare du Nord, you can take the RER B (blue) to Chatelet, then transfer to the RER A (red) to Charles de Gaulle Etoile (you can take metro line 1 from Chatelet to cdg etoile, but there are a lot more stops.  Takes longer).  Me personally, with luggage I'd take the taxi.  Always ask the price in advance.  Once I had a taxi driver try to charge me 28 euro for a short trip from Gare de l'est to the Renaissance Vendome (of course there were 4 of us and a million pieces of luggage ).

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...