8 Replies Latest reply: May 4, 2013 2:14 PM by eb5147 RSS

Cruise awards

mrs.santa Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Hello everyone, this is my first time reading all your interesting comments.  I am a life time platinum premier member and have been staying at a CY in Easton Columbus, OH for the last 3+ years and though I have seen people come and go they have all been very pleasant and accommodating.  Yes I only get points or gift and I agree breakfast should be an included for our level,and they just did away with the free coffee this weekend so I am questioning m loyalty in what continued stays will achieve.

My question today is did I miss something in the news?  I no longer see booking cruises and using our points to pay for a cruise as an option.  This would be terrible, I have used my points to take 3 different cruises and still am sitting with over a million points.

What did I miss/

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Michigan, USA
  • Re: Cruise awards
    shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

mrs.santa

Hi, and welcome to the community.  I have stayed at that property years ago and really like the area.  I also spent a few nites next door at the Residence Inn.  I also spent a few stays at the Hilton, but found the property old and tired.  Does the CY still put out the good cookies??

Regarding the question on the points-for-cruises, I have no idea.  I thought they were still around, but I'm just not sure. 

safe travels

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

mrs.santa

I just looked and easily found within the "Marriott Rewards" section  an area marked "use points" and cruise opportunities were right there.  It looks to me that Marriott now uses an outside company  for this purpose. 

shoeman

eb5147 Alumni Steward Platinum 7 Reviews

I had just looked up the cruise points, too, because we were trying to get back to 435,000 points for the 3 of us to have $3,000 credit on a cruise.  Well, now the points have gone to 190,000 for $1000 credit.

CRUISE EXCLUSIVE:
      Redeem Marriott Rewards® Points and
      Earn Points on Every Dollar Spent!

CruisesOnly - Earn or Redeem Marriott Rewards Points

REDEEM FOR UP TO 100% OFF ANY CRUISE! Details
      Redeem:Get a Certificate:
      50,000 Points$250 Off
      100,000 Points$500 Off
      190,000 Points$1,000 Off
      As many as needed...FREE Cruise!

LIMITED TIME: EARN 6 POINTS PER DOLLAR SPENT Details
      Sample Total Price:Marriott Rewards® Points Earned:
      $2,50015,000 Points
      $3,50021,000 Points
      $6,00036,000 Points
      $10,00060,000 Points

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

50,000 pts giving $250 = $0.005/pt

100,000 pts giving $500 = $0.005/pt

190,000 ptg giving $1,000 = $0.0052631/pt

All of these give less value than it one takes 5 nts in a cat 8 hotel.

drummondislander Platinum 37 Reviews

wow that must be so cool to one stay in hotels but have that many points I would go crazy staying everywhere.I just retired......nice

Location Brand Hotel
    Michigan, USA
    wes1side Platinum 37 Reviews

Not sure if anyone noticed but as of May 1st, the cruise vouchers skyrocketed...

63,000 Points$250 Off
    125,000 Points$500 Off
    250,000 Points$1,000 Off
    625,000 Points$2,500 Off
    1,250,000 Points$5,000 Off

A year ago, I cashed in 145K point for a $1,000 certificate.  that same certificate went to 190K in the back half of 2012 and now, less than a year later, it is at 250K.    I could live with the 45 increase and chalk it off to inflation but this is a bit crazy.

And for those that say it is not a good value...for my family of four, it is a great value.  Meals are included and we go places we would never go otherwise.  To each their own and for me and my family, this will be a perk that will be greatly missed.

seattlebb Platinum

I agree  that's a huge jump in a very short time, especially without any warning.  At least we've been hearing about the points hotel category changes coming May 15 for a few months now  so we could plan ahead and book using points.

I just bought two $1000 off awards a couple of weeks ago for a 2014 cruise for  190,000 points each.  I had no idea the increase was coming and would have been very unhappy if I'd delayed until May 1st.  It  was a big enough shock going from 145,000 to 190,000!

The cruises have worked out very well for us and Cruises Only has  been great to work with, so I'm really disappointed to see yet another increase.

eb5147 Alumni Steward Platinum 7 Reviews

Simplified, that means that each $500 is 125,000 points, and you pay 500 points extra for the value if you only get the $250 voucher.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...