4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 3, 2013 11:44 AM by pevers RSS

Will I ever stay here again?

aviles1057 Member
Currently Being Moderated

I am seriously not considering staying at the Marriott, Saddle Brook Hotel in NJ again, after making a reservation and then telling me that all rooms were sold out and I had no chance, I sure wish a call would have been made so I could have made plans at other hotels that really want my business.  Please make sure to call ahead of your already made reservations at this Hotel, would not want anyone to go through the finding of a Hotel at 1:00 AM.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Saddle Brook, New Jersey, USA
New Jersey, USA
  • Re: Will I ever stay here again?
    shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

aviles1057

did you have a confirmation #?  If you did, or if they at least acknowledged you had a res, I cannot imagine they did not find oyu a room either on property or at another property.  Otherwise, they must, by rule, give you $$$.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

From this, we should always have a printed confirmation with us.  If you arrive with this and they don't have a room, you have proof and can demand that they find you another room of a comparable quality or better.  If they refuse, call Marriott reservations, platinum if you have status, and have them find you a room.

A long time ago, I arrived late and was told that I had canceled my reservation and they were full.  I did not but could not prove it and was lucky to find a room close by but it cost more.

sg1974 Gold

i always take a printed out copy of the reservation.

This situation happened to us.

fortunately they did find a room close by and paid for the cost.

we had a dreadful night sleep in the alternative hotel, so would not have been impressed paying for that.

pevers Platinum 2 Reviews

Sorry to hear this. It happened to me once, not at a Marriott property. It was very upsetting. I even showed them the reservation, the clerk at the desk could care less. I won't stay at that property ever again.

However, was the reservation confirmed and guaranteed to a credit card? Generally, if the stay is not guaranteed, they will hold it only until 6 PM of the day of stay. I have made it a habit that if I am to be much delayed after 6, even with the guarantee card, I call the hotel and give them an estimated time of arrival.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...