1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 4, 2013 8:33 AM by laurac RSS

Above and Beyond the Call of Duty

jake_s Gold
Currently Being Moderated

I've been staying at the JW Marriott Tucson Starr Pass Resort & Spa 5 nights a week for the past few months while on business. Every morning I enjoy the fantastic breakfast buffet.  There are many excellent hostesses and waiters, but one individual stands out above his peers.  His name is Ruben G. and he is a dining room assistant.  Ruben has greeted me by name with a large smile since my first week at the JW.  I've heard "Good morning, Mr. Schmidt" out of his mouth more than any other individual at the resort.  When my waiter isn't at hand Ruben is close by to fill a glass, request my check, adjust blinds, remove a dirty plate, or place my omelet order.  I've had mornings where I've felt I should be tipping him and not the waiter.  He will engage me in a few moments of chat to fill me in on a humorous story about this or that.  Ruben's level of service is radically and vastly different from the other dining room assistants.  During my stay at the JW I can list over a dozen names from the breakfast staff ranging from the different chefs, hostesses, supervisors, and waiters.  That being said...I cannot name a single other dining room assistant besides Ruben.

Please consider Ruben G. from the JW Marriott Tucson Starr Pass Resort & Spa for a Spirit to Serve award.

Thank you,

Jake Schmidt

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Above and Beyond the Call of Duty
    laurac Marriott Associate
    Currently Being Moderated

Greetings, jake_s, On behalf of Marriott associates around the world, we take pride in providing exceptional service for each and every guest and we appreciate you taking the time to nominate this Marriott associate for this important award. We’ll enter this nomination for consideration of the Spirit to Serve award.

Best,

Laura & The Marriott Rewards Insiders Team

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...