7 Replies Latest reply: Mar 1, 2013 3:16 PM by traveler2 RSS

Whats your favorite Palm Springs Hotel?

traveler2 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

We are planning a Palm Springs golf trip and would like some thoughts on properties there. We have stayed in Indian Wells so looking for something different this time.  We would consider staying at another hotel brand if it comes highly recommended!!  Thank you!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Palm Springs, California, USA
  • Re: Whats your favorite Palm Springs Hotel?
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

I'm also considering a trip to Palm Springs soon, never been there so will be most interested in the answers.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

lizbeth Platinum

I am a bit prejudiced because we are owners at Desert Springs Villas I in Palm Desert, but it is a marvelous location and shares facilities (such as use of the spa, tennis courts, pools, etc.) with the JW Marriott at no charge on weekdays.  There is a small charge on weekends, but if you have a spa service, you may use the rest of the beautiful spa facilities on that day at no charge.  Please note that Villas II do not have the same privileges as Villas I, so if use of the hotel facilities is important, try to book into the latter.  The properties (both villas and hotel) sit on two very nice golf courses.  The landscaping is beautiful, and the amenities within the villa complex are also terrific--multiple pools, activities for kids, etc.  The villas are extremely spacious, and having cooking facilities is a real plus if you are going to be at the property for several days.  If you prefer a hotel environment, the JW is very lovely, but I really like to have elbow room, so would opt for the villas.  There is a regular shuttle service around the whole complex, so if you want to dine at the hotel or go to the spa from the villas it is very easy.  If you decide to try Desert Springs, I hope you have a wonderful time.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Thanks for the great info lizbeth!

traveler2 Platinum

Thank you for the wonderful recommendation. I was wondering about the villas. Good to know about the Villa 1 and Villa 2 options.

lizbeth Platinum

Glad my thoughts were useful.  I should also mention that there will be three options for accommodations, and the differences are important.  You may opt for a quite small lock-off room at a much lower cost, but will probably wonder why I recommended this property in the first place.  Most of the lock-offs have their patios on the street, although end units look over the golf course.  Plus, the air conditioning units are on the street and can be noisy.  Option two is to choose a one-bedroom accommodation.  That will give you a great master suite with king bed and a separate living/dining room (with a pull-out sofa) and a complete kitchen (the lock-offs have a small fridge and a microwave).  When my husband and I go there alone, we choose the one bedroom  and it is perfect.  Great big patio, to boot.  End units are the largest, and those overlooking the hotel (buildings L, M, and N are super) are especially nice.  If you are travelling with kids or with another couple, the whole 2 bedroom unit is the way to go.  The lock-off is connected to the one-bedroom with a common entry way, so there is easy moving back and forth between the two units.  We generally travel there at least once a year--October is our favorite month in the Desert, and we will be there for two weeks this October.  Can't wait.  L

curiousone Platinum

If you want timeshare, there is also the Marriott Shadow Ridge in Palm Desert with a Faldo course. We had an enjoyable week at the Shadow Ridge Enclaves last June. We spent a day at the JW at Palm Desert before checking into Shadow Ridge. My only complaint about the Marriott timeshares, and JW is that Palm Desert is away from "the action" of downtown Palm Springs. If you want more activity, you might want to consider the Palm Springs Renaissance or Courtyard. Both are within walking distance of downtown. Palm Desert if you are into golf, downtown if you want more action. Palm Springs is a great get away. If you are into deli, checkout Sherman's and Manhattan in the Desert. If you are into shopping there is a mega discount mall about 20 miles away. They bring in dozens of tour busses each day to this place filled with Chinese and Japanese tourists.

traveler2 Platinum

Thanks for the tips! The mall sounds a bit crowded with tourists so I might stay away from that! Golf is definitely on the agenda.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...