1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 26, 2013 12:21 PM by pluto77 RSS

Transportation from Venice to Padua, Italy.

s.s.s. Gold
Currently Being Moderated

I need to leave Venice, Italy and travel to Padua, Italy.  Can I have any discussion on how to do this.  We are 2 grandparents in 70s and 2 granddaughter ages 21, and grandson 16 (good ages to be helpful)?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Transportation from Venice to Padua, Italy.
    pluto77 Alumni Steward Platinum 25 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

Greetings SSS,

You can easily train from Venice (at Santa Lucia train station) to Padua.  The train is fast (less than a half hour) and fairly inexpensive.  You can either purchase your tickets online in advance (Trenitalia - HomePage) or else at the train station in Venice.  The folks at the ticket window speak English, if you need them to.

When I went to Italy last year, prior to leaving the U.S. I purchased my train tickets from Venice to Florence online.  Then when we arrive at the train station (for departure from Venice), I went ahead and purchased my tickets from Florence to Rome at the ticket window, just in keeping with trying to stay one step ahead of the game.

If you choose to purchase your tickets online in advance, you will just print the eticket (nothing will be mailed to you).  Then you don't even have to stand in line at the ticket window at the Venice train station.  Just board your train, and when the conductor comes by, give him preprinted (online) eticket, and he will validate it.

Enjoy your trip with the grandkids, and let us know if you have further questions.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...